Thread: Change profile picture?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Change profile picture?

When I installed Xubuntu, I was asked if I wanted to take a picture (via built in web-cam) or select something else. I figured I would just continue on and change it after the installation. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to change it. The only serch result came up with placing a picture in my home directory and naming it ".face." That didn't work. Any ideas?

EDIT:

Upon further exploration, I needed to remove the .jpg at the end of the file name. So, it needs to be just .face NOT .face.jpg.

Fixed, ".face" version

Last edited by bug67; May 25th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Change profile picture?

Quote Originally Posted by bug67 View Post
    When I installed Xubuntu, I was asked if I wanted to take a picture (via built in web-cam) or select something else. I figured I would just continue on and change it after the installation. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to change it. The only serch result came up with placing a picture in my home directory and naming it ".face." That didn't work. Any ideas?

EDIT:

Upon further exploration, I needed to remove the .jpg at the end of the file name. So, it needs to be just .face NOT .face.jpg.

Fixed, ".face" version

I think you have to name it ~/.face.

Seems that you figured it out. Congratulations.
    Question Everything

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Change profile picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadius View Post
    I think you have to name it ~/.face.

Seems that you figured it out. Congratulations.
    Doesn't ~/ just indicate where to place the .face file? In other words, doesn't ~/ = my home/username folder? I mean, I don't know. I'm just asking. Like you said, I seem to have figured it out.