Thread: How can I change Unity Sidebar color?

Beans

How can I change Unity Sidebar color?

How can I change my Unity Sidebar color to blue? Every time I try to change it, it just goes back to the default. I have used MyUnity and Compiz to try to change the color, and still no luck. Is there any other way? Or am I doing something wrong? Please help, thanks everyone.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How can I change Unity Sidebar color?

Get a wallpaper with blue colors.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

It changes to match your background, unfortunately (well I kinda like the automatic matching my wallpaper thing) due to a bug, it will override any custom colors and revert to it's default of trying to match your wallpaper.

Here is the bug report https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/975350
    "You can't expect to hold supreme executive power just because some watery tart lobbed a sword at you"

"Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."

Beans

It seems as if someone managed to get it going.

"It is working for me. I am using a different color from the one unity chooses for my background.

I installed from proposed unity 5.12 -0ubuntu1.1 to test the fix for bug #987304, and bamfdaemon and libbamf version 0.2.118-0ubuntu0.1 to test if they fixed bug #1002874, and found that they (i guess it was only unity) fixed this problem too. Maybe someone else should try if this solves the problem for them too before closing this bug."

^^ How do you install what he/she was talking about? Would love to be able to change the colors. Thanks.