View Poll Results: What smiley would you prefer?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like the orange smileys.

44 61.11%
  • No, please keep the old ones.

28 38.89%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Theme: Smileys

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: New Theme: Smileys

Quote Originally Posted by codingman View Post
    Well, it would be a good idea if you kept both, TV, and let users pick there type in the user CP
    Careful there. We don't want another Great Ubuntuforums MySQL Disaster of 2009.

RIP thanks system.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Hwęt View Post
    Careful there. We don't want another Great Ubuntuforums MySQL Disaster of 2009.

RIP thanks system.
    It's not a big change to make a MySQL disaster (as you refer to it), just a simple addition of 15 smileys and a form inside of the user cp, nothing to do with MySQL.
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MisterGaribaldi View Post
    T-V:

I like the standardization. Here's my modified version of your Emoticon proof sheet. I enlarged the eyes, added expressive eyebrows, changed the bubble color to match the lighter orange that the "Quote" button is, and also 3D-ified them.

Some thoughts, though...

While it's great not to have a gazillion of these things anymore (it is a real PITA trying to access and look through the emoticons on this board) there are a few you don't have that might make sense to retain. Those would be the animated ones: Guitar Guy, LOLflag Guy, Popcorn Guy (which isn't animated, I know), Bang Head Against Brick Wall Guy, and Red Embarrassed Guy.

Also, maybe now is the time for you to set up a means and process so that, in the future, if a creative member here decides to submit a unique and appropriate image for a future emoticon, we could have a community vote, you could have some kind of mod/admin review, and then you could add it to the board, and with the right process you wouldn't have to add a crapton of hours to your already busy schedule.

Beyond that... more thoughts, when I have them.
    How did you make those??? Awesome!!!
    I can hardly make a cube in Inkscape what software?
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Talking Re: New Theme: Smileys

Quote Originally Posted by codingman View Post
    How did you make those??? Awesome!
    Aren't those nice! I'm really impressed!
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    Don't like them at all. The old ones are multi-colored and textured, and they look much better. The old smileys are pretty standard in a lot of forums, and it's easier to tell what they mean. Change for the sake of change is not always better.
    This ^^

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I like them, could I get a copy in a SVG format.

T-V

T-V:

I like the standardization. Here's my modified version of your Emoticon proof sheet. I enlarged the eyes, added expressive eyebrows, changed the bubble color to match the lighter orange that the "Quote" button is, and also 3D-ified them.

Some thoughts, though...

While it's great not to have a gazillion of these things anymore (it is a real PITA trying to access and look through the emoticons on this board) there are a few you don't have that might make sense to retain. Those would be the animated ones: Guitar Guy, LOLflag Guy, Popcorn Guy (which isn't animated, I know), Bang Head Against Brick Wall Guy, and Red Embarrassed Guy.

Also, maybe now is the time for you to set up a means and process so that, in the future, if a creative member here decides to submit a unique and appropriate image for a future emoticon, we could have a community vote, you could have some kind of mod/admin review, and then you could add it to the board, and with the right process you wouldn't have to add a crapton of hours to your already busy schedule.

Beyond that... more thoughts, when I have them.
    Mike: "The hardest questions in life are the ones worth answering"

Beans

T-V:

Well, I just took the PNG you originally posted and futzed with 'em in Photoshop.

How did you create them initially?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

They were on the branding site.

T-V
    T-V:

Well, I just took the PNG you originally posted and futzed with 'em in Photoshop.

How did you create them initially?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Technoviking View Post
    They were on the branding site.

T-V
    Well, that brings some light to the situation. So all these pictograms are Canonical's fault and not yours.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Fault is not the word I would use. I was not told to change the smileys, but thought something that matches the theme would look better and ran a poll to see what our community thought.

T-V

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    Well, that brings some light to the situation. So all these pictograms are Canonical's fault and not yours.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast