Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: GMA500 (Poulsbo) gma500_gfx

Beans

Re: GMA500 (Poulsbo) gma500_gfx

Hi,

I have installed psb-gfx for Ubuntu 11.10. How can I générate the config file? For Emgd for example it is possible with the command
    Code:
    sudo emgd-xorg-conf
    it generate 10-emgd.conf file into /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d. How can-I do the same with psb-gfx and gma-gfx for ubuntu 12.04?

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Mehdiing View Post
    Hi,

I have installed psb-gfx for Ubuntu 11.10. How can I générate the config file? For Emgd for example it is possible with the command
    Code:
    sudo emgd-xorg-conf
    it generate 10-emgd.conf file into /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d. How can-I do the same with psb-gfx and gma-gfx for ubuntu 12.04?

Thanks.
    What kernel are you using ? You do not need an xorg.conf for the gma500_gfx
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    What kernel are you using ? You do not need an xorg.conf for the gma500_gfx
    Thanks for replying,
    I'm using mainline kernel 3.4.0-999 for ubuntu 12.04 and 3.0.0.20 for ubuntu 11.10.
    I need this file to install the eGalaxTouch drivers.
    Last edited by Mehdiing; June 5th, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

Beans

Hey all,

I was wondering.. what do you guys use to watch a decent avi/mkv these days? I tried a few, but none really work flawlessly... I know there is no hardware acceleration, but still.

Cheers,
    Sakartu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Sakartu View Post
    Hey all,

I was wondering.. what do you guys use to watch a decent avi/mkv these days? I tried a few, but none really work flawlessly... I know there is no hardware acceleration, but still.

Cheers,
    Sakartu
    I still use Lucid with the old (2008) psb driver.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Question Re: GMA500 (Poulsbo) gma500_gfx

Ok, i heard about the new support for gma500, and decided to do a fresh install of 12.04
    on my old, nearly untouched AAO 751h.
    when booting from the live cd, i took a forum members advice and did something like restart lightdm. (i am a very un-savvy user. i can follow instructions to use the terminal and change things, but i usually won't understand what i'm doing.)
    now when i boot up i get a black screen, which i can overcome somewhat by plugging in an external monitor.

I'm finding myself rather confused about where to go from here, do i need to do all these settings changes i see written everywhere? or do i just need to run update manager to get the new kernel that supports gma500.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here .

Beans
    Distro

ok, ran update manager and it still boots blank.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sakartu View Post
    Hey all,

Cheers,
    Sakartu
    I don't use Linux (ubuntu) to watch any videos. I use Windows 7 for all my multimedia needs, much better performance. Just keep Ubuntu as a backup to see how the development is going. Sorry i can't be more help

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jherskow View Post
    Ok, i heard about the new support for gma500, and decided to do a fresh install of 12.04
    on my old, nearly untouched AAO 751h.
    when booting from the live cd, i took a forum members advice and did something like restart lightdm. (i am a very un-savvy user. i can follow instructions to use the terminal and change things, but i usually won't understand what i'm doing.)
    now when i boot up i get a black screen, which i can overcome somewhat by plugging in an external monitor.

I'm finding myself rather confused about where to go from here, do i need to do all these settings changes i see written everywhere? or do i just need to run update manager to get the new kernel that supports gma500.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here .
    Follow the instructions here to fix the black screen problem https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...eoCardsPoulsbo

Beans
    Distro

id did that with the liveUSB, i am currently post install and instead of a half black screen, it is now completely black, and i'd like to know how to get it to function.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast