Thread: Stickies & other rants

Beans

Stickies & other rants

No offense to the thread creator, but why was this stickied and not the Kickstarter Games for Linux thread which has a lot of effort put into it? I could say the same for the Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell thread which admittedly is far easier to maintain, but still serves a good Linux cause.

Beans

Re: EA Games Arrive in the Ubuntu Software Center

Quote Originally Posted by zeven View Post
    no offense to the thread creator, but why was this stickied and not the kickstarter games for linux thread which has a lot of effort put into it? I could say the same for the vote for gog to add linux versions of games they sell thread which admittedly is far easier to maintain, but still serves a good linux cause.
    +1
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zeven View Post
    No offense to the thread creator, but why was this stickied and not the Kickstarter Games for Linux thread which has a lot of effort put into it? I could say the same for the Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell thread which admittedly is far easier to maintain, but still serves a good Linux cause.
    Because it's me who decide what and what not is going to be stickied. Simple as that.
    (This matter is not up for discussion - as everyone wants/thinks their stuff is most important).
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    Because it's me who decide what and what not is going to be stickied. Simple as that.
    (This matter is not up for discussion - as everyone wants/thinks their stuff is most important).
    Simple as that, hm? Seems a tad illogical to sticky something as half assed as EA's attempt to get into the Linux market when Kickstarter and to a lesser extent GOG are providing far better results and arguments. Also, I hope you didn't delete the "+1" that was here earlier.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Simple as that, hm? Seems a tad illogical to sticky something as half assed as EA's attempt to get into the Linux market when Kickstarter and to a lesser extent GOG are providing far better results and arguments. Also, I hope you didn't delete the "+1" that was here earlier.
    Because a "+1" statement doesn't really say much. If you want to argue against the EA publicity stunt, and I think we should, because I'm disgusted with people fawning over such a transparently tokenistic (at best) move, then you need to provide more reasoning.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sslaxx View Post
    Because a "+1" statement doesn't really say much. If you want to argue against the EA publicity stunt, and I think we should, because I'm disgusted with people fawning over such a transparently tokenistic (at best) move, then you need to provide more reasoning.
    Why delete one +1 and not the other? The one before his post was left in tact, and the one after was deleted, either by him or the poster.

Beans

Re: Stickies & other rants

This going off-topic, thread split and moved.
    Original thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1976388

Why delete one +1 and not the other? The one before his post was left in tact, and the one after was deleted, either by him or the poster.
    It's completely off-topic. I'm cleaning the thread now.
    Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; May 20th, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans

Re: Stickies & other rants

+1 Am i gonna get in trouble now?

Although i did find it interesting to read the EA sticky, Zeven is right.
    There is nothing wrong with a temporary sticky on ea ( i would do the same), but other threads deserve it too, if not more (definitely if they are in line with the Linux philosophy).
    On the other hand, too many stickies would be annoying.
    It all depends on witch Moderator you have. I'm just glad it's not an overflow of stickies.

There is a "EA pro and contra" discussion going on in one of the threads. Quite interesting..
    Last edited by Lynceus; May 21st, 2012 at 01:17 AM.