All my efforts to install the printer LBP3100B on Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit failed! may you review the way I done?
I got it two ways.
FIRST way: that is describe here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...87&postcount=5 -> #5 -> (failed)
SECOND way: the way you respond to #11 in this post that I have done the following: (red lines are the errors that occurred)
1) Download and install:
This package wasn't available for 12.10: http://packages.ubuntu.com/quantal/gs-esp -> ERROR
So I installesd lucid package on quantal!
2) Download and install this 2 packages:
3) Restart cups:Code:
4) Edit this file : /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-cups-usblp.conf and Comment (#) the line : blacklist usblpCode:sudo service cups restart
There wasn't this file on /etc direction. So I created it an add these lines whithin:
5) Create the following directories/file if they are missing:Code:# cups talks to the raw USB devices, so we need to blacklist usblp to avoid # grabbing them #blacklist usblp
6) have to install "by hand" the 11.10 (onieric) ia32-libs package. Install the dependences needed -> quantal 12.10Code:sudo mkdir /var/ccpd sudo mkfifo /var/ccpd/fifo0 sudo mkdir /var/captmon
7) Download and install http://packages.ubuntu.com/quantal/ia32-libs (for 12.10: quantal)Code:libc6-i386 lib32ncursesw5 lib32asound2 lib32ncurses5 lib32z1 lib32stdc++6 lib32gcc1 lib32bz2-1.0 lib32ffi6
8) Run the below command
9) Register the printer:Code:echo "ia32-libs hold" | sudo dpkg --set-selections
3150? -> according this page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CanonCaptDrv190Code:sudo /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p LBP3100B -m CNCUPSLBP3150CAPTK.ppd -v ccp:/var/ccpd/fifo0 -E
10) Register the printer with ccpd daemon:
During Running this command I got a gnome-keyring error. I solved it following http://askubuntu.com/questions/12784...ring-pkcs11-soCode:sudo /usr/sbin/ccpdadmin -p LBP3100B -o /dev/usb/lp0
11) Start ccpd daemon:
12) Test install:Code:sudo /etc/init.d/ccpd start
Code:captstatusui -P LBP6300
What should I do?