Thread: Evolution notification icon doesn't change

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Evolution notification icon doesn't change

Hallo, I have a hp compaq 6720s laptop, dualboot windows vista and ubuntu 10.04. Evolution 2.28.3 installed.

Since some time ago (two or three weeks), I observed, my evolution notification icon doesn't change ( star appearing on the envelope) when a new mail arrives ( I have it thicked in evolution preferences)while the email incoming sound still working.

What I can do in order to recover the proper function of the evolution icon notification?

Thanks in advanced.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Evolution notification icon doesn't change

Bump...

Beans
    Distro

Nobody knows?

I add more information. When I unchek the plugin "evolution indicator" in edit --> plugins in evolution, evolution crashes. The configuration tab of the plugin is empty.

What folder in .evolution or in other places have I to see in order to get the plugin to work?, is it working for other people?.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Quote Originally Posted by claracc View Post
    Nobody knows?

I add more information. When I unchek the plugin "evolution indicator" in edit --> plugins in evolution, evolution crashes. The configuration tab of the plugin is empty.

What folder in .evolution or in other places have I to see in order to get the plugin to work?, is it working for other people?.
    It has never worked for me - I'll be interested to see if you get any answers, but sorry I can't help!
    horace

Beans
    Distro

Well, horace, thankyou for commenting, my evolution notification indicator, yellow star appearing on the left upper part of the envelope when a new mail comes, used to work till more or less three weeks ago.

Since then, evolution icon doesn't change when a new mail comes into (it shows the wait plain envelope all the time) although a sound is made to notify the new mail.

I suppose the problem is some of new updates in lucid lynx since then, but I don't know what is it.

I am a little puzzled nobody knows about this problem.

Beans

Always grayed out here as well. IDK
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654