Thread: Dash, Launcher, Everything disappeared after messing with ccsm

Beans

Angry Dash, Launcher, Everything disappeared after messing with ccsm

I tried some tweaking with ccsm which worked just fine just until the recent reboot. After that, everything disappeared. I can only see my desktop and mouse. i was able to access terminal so i tried to bring ccsm to default settings again but that didn't work either. I tried other solutions like enabling the plugin but its already enabled. Also tried the,
    sudo unity --reset
    That didn't work either. And also, now i see a cross over major folders like root etc.?
    What just happened to my ubuntu??

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Dash, Launcher, Everything disappeared after messing with ccsm

Quote Originally Posted by vj41 View Post
    I tried some tweaking with ccsm which worked just fine just until the recent reboot. After that, everything disappeared. I can only see my desktop and mouse. i was able to access terminal so i tried to bring ccsm to default settings again but that didn't work either. I tried other solutions like enabling the plugin but its already enabled. Also tried the,
    sudo unity --reset
    That didn't work either. And also, now i see a cross over major folders like root etc.?
    What just happened to my ubuntu??
    just run "unity --reset" and it will reset the Compiz settings back to a working setup.

(Don't use sudo here, that would reset the Compiz/Unity settings for root user, not your own user.)

edit: The /root directory is by default inaccessible for any other user than the root itself. SO that's normal. Same goes for /Lost+Found. If you see crosses over some other of the default directories you might want to tell us which ones.
    Last edited by mcduck; May 18th, 2012 at 08:20 AM.

Beans

Re: Dash, Launcher, Everything disappeared after messing with ccsm

The system was still not showing anything still... Had to re-install it again... Thanks anyways...