Thread: How can I download Ubuntu Studio with wubi?

Beans

How can I download Ubuntu Studio with wubi?

I trying to download Ubuntu Studio with wubi but I dont know how plz help.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Re: How can I download Ubuntu Studio with wubi?

Don't try, wubi is deprecated.

Wubi is less reliable and has lower performance than real dual boot systems, is no longer maintained etc. In particular, it doesn't work on preinstalled Win8 systems. Don't use it.

Beans

I have windows 7. I know other ways but idnk how to partition and i already have ubuntu 12.10 which i got by using wubi.
    Last edited by abby4; April 6th, 2014 at 06:57 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by abby4 View Post
    I have windows 7. I know other ways but idnk how to partition and i already have ubuntu 12.10 which i got by using wubi.
    Yeah but even if you can, why? As said it is buggy and limited in performance and depends on Windows to exist. It is meant to be a demo/teaser instead of for real use. If you want to use Ubuntu for real at least give it its own partition. Ubuntu is not a Windows program and is not meant to run inside Windows.You will never learn Linux if you have the mindset of always falling back on Windows.
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; April 6th, 2014 at 07:49 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

There was a time when I didn't know how to partition. The next day I installed Ubuntu. It isn't too hard.

The basic idea is to use Windows tools to create unallocated space on your hard drive, boot from the live disk and choose to install Ubuntu alongside Windows. The installer handles the remaining partitioning. The only caveat is that many Win7 systems use all 4 primary partitions available on MBR partitioned drives, so you'd have to delete one partition that doesn't contain anything useful or convert one partition into a logical partition. There's plenty of documentation online. If you've any question, feel free to ask.

Beans

I'll try partition then

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Please do, Ubuntu Studio is one of those distros, which can do a lot. e.g Graphics design & audio production.
    Using Wubi, I seriously doubt you will be able to use it to it's true potential.

Also, as mentioned earlier, Wubi is not under development so it is not worth it .
    bhatta

May the Source be with you !
    Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh
    'Buntu-ishi krimpatul !