Thread: HELP: Ubuntu 12.04 - Webpages take long to load -Acer InviLink Nplify

Beans

Exclamation HELP: Ubuntu 12.04 - Webpages take long to load -Acer InviLink Nplify

Hello All,

I recently setup a dual boot system (Windows 7) on an Acer Aspire 5750-6866. Everything is going great except for one issue that i've noticed since test driving Precise Pangolin, the browser page loading. It seems that the browser takes a ridiculously long time to load, however, I have a decent internet connection (Wifi via MS Wireless Router & Clear Home Modem). Since the install ive been adding repositories, downloading and installing stuff just fine but when im web browsing the browser will load for ages. Ive done some searches but cant seem to come up with something that specifically touches on my issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - definite noob transitioning from Windows but I learn fast and am very resourceful.

thanks again

Beans

Re: HELP: Ubuntu 12.04 - Webpages take long to load -Acer InviLink Nplify

Can you install 'firewall' app (shield icon) from the app store?

Then u will get a list of error messages why your pages are not loading. Let me know what those messages are please thx.

You may find that your next message will kind of resemble mine: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1978399
    Last edited by rfictus; May 11th, 2012 at 09:34 PM.