Thread: Intergrate Pyrenamer into Nautilus

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Intergrate Pyrenamer into Nautilus

Does anyone know how to integrate Pyrenamer into Nautilus such that Pyrenamer shows up as an option when right-clicking (cmd-clicking) a folder? "Open with" does not list Pyrenamer as a primary or secondary option, so I don't see how to point it there. Even the "find applications online" did not find Pyrenamer. I can open pyrenamer and navigate to the right folder of course, but taking 5 or 6 steps for what (under Lucid) was one step irritates. I'm running Oneiric. thanks.

Beans

Re: Intergrate Pyrenamer into Nautilus

Quote Originally Posted by JamButty View Post
    Does anyone know how to integrate Pyrenamer into Nautilus such that Pyrenamer shows up as an option when right-clicking (cmd-clicking) a folder? "Open with" does not list Pyrenamer as a primary or secondary option, so I don't see how to point it there. Even the "find applications online" did not find Pyrenamer. I can open pyrenamer and navigate to the right folder of course, but taking 5 or 6 steps for what (under Lucid) was one step irritates. I'm running Oneiric. thanks.
    You can install nautilus-actions and add an action to start pyrenamer on a right-click of one or more files.

However, I am not sure if it will work the way you like. The problem seems to be, that pyrenamer only accepts a directory as a starting point, so you would not be able to select files and send just those to pyrenamer.

You may be better off using a different renaming tool. On the nautilus-actions page you can find some actions that are ready to use for some of the other renaming tools.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Intergrate Pyrenamer into Nautilus

Thanks DrTebi - that sounds like what I need (folder starting point is fine), but it seems nautilus-actions does not like Oneiric much. On every attempt to start it, it shows up blinking on the left side icons for a few seconds then vanishes again. Maybe I'll have more luck if I make the jump to 12.04.1. Have not experimented for about a year and a half with new renamers, but when I chose Pyrenamer it was far and away the best one available.