Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Suspend not working FIX

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Suspend not working FIX

So, I tried this and not only did it not work, but now I have the same problem when I start up my computer (Toshiba Satellite L755D) after turning it off. Has anyone had the same experience, and could somebody help me fix it? I'm not sure where to begin.

Beans

I am extremeley sorry to say neither of the scripts are working for me either.
    The only positive effect they had is that the led of the charging battery now seems to work properly. before the scripts it never turned on.
    basically if i suspend and click the ON button, the disk spins, something seems to work but the screen is pitch black. If i force the laptop (Amilo 1718 Li) off and i boot again, it doesnt work UNLESS i physically remove the charge wire and all USB devices connected.

are there any news about this topic?

thx

W.

Beans

No longer works on 12.10 and of course no one here helps me (or many others) to get it to work.

Beans
    Hidden!

WORKING ON UBUNTU 12.10 WITH THE SAME ISSUE!

so you add it to the first post...

this is the first google option, and it is heaven.

Beans

Question Re: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Suspend not working FIX

Hi all,

unfortunately, the scripts described above do not work for me in a Samsung Series 5 NP535U4C-A01 (with Nvidia video card) running Ubuntu 12.10 (linux kernel 3.5.0-19-generic). I am using the following driver

X.Org X Server -- AMD/ATI display driver wrapper from xserver-org-video-ati

As mentioned before, when I try to wake up the laptop from suspend mode, the monitor is just black (not even with the back light). Interestingly, if I use the driver of Nvidia, I can resume from suspend mode with no problem. Unluckily, the Nvidia driver has some issues, such as bright management, that's why I would prefer to use the X.Org driver.

The output of my suspend log (pm-suspend.log) is attached.

Does anyone have any idea/solution?

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

This seems to be a problem for me as well, HP Pavilion g6, just wiped Windows 8 and installed 12.10. Is there any hope of a fix/workaround soon? Kind of a fundamental feature being able to utilise suspend/sleep on a laptop. Any other ways to force a change in state from the command line or anything? My laptop seems to be getting awfully hot now I have removed HP coolsense and have to keep it running most of the time.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen40 View Post
    This seems to be a problem for me as well, HP Pavilion g6, just wiped Windows 8 and installed 12.10. Is there any hope of a fix/workaround soon? Kind of a fundamental feature being able to utilise suspend/sleep on a laptop. Any other ways to force a change in state from the command line or anything? My laptop seems to be getting awfully hot now I have removed HP coolsense and have to keep it running most of the time.
    Hi,

as this thread is solved, I started a new one in

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...7&goto=newpost

Best wishes!

Beans

neither works for me....
    Toshiba Satellite L500

Beans

Smile Re: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Suspend not working FIX

Worked wonderfully for me with HP-Probook 4540s. Thanks loads for this solution!!

Beans

The second script worked for me on Lenovo 3000 v100 Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS. Thanks!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast