Thread: Add to existing #bug in Launchpad - How?

Beans

Add to existing #bug in Launchpad - How?

I think I have some updated information about an existing bug (Bug #852190) (re wireless usb) and I guess the best action is for me to use ubuntu-bug or apport or something and then name my information into the existing bug. With my recent kernel (Ubuntu 12.04 updated) it looks like the bug is slightly changed. It seems clumsy to create a new fresh bug and cross refer by hand.

Advice appreciated tia

Beans

Re: Add to existing #bug in Launchpad - How?

Quote Originally Posted by candtalan View Post
    I think I have some updated information about an existing bug (Bug #852190) (re wireless usb) and I guess the best action is for me to use ubuntu-bug or apport or something and then name my information into the existing bug. With my recent kernel (Ubuntu 12.04 updated) it looks like the bug is slightly changed. It seems clumsy to create a new fresh bug and cross refer by hand.

Advice appreciated tia
    Most bugzilla discourage you from filing a new bug since it creates more work for moderators to flag this is duplicate of bug #blah

I am not familar with launch pad but you should loggin to the bug you are experiencing and try to find a button that says

This bug affects me or upvote it

This will increase the priority and will might get someone to look more deeply at the bug
    Last edited by idoitprone; May 13th, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.