Thread: Banshee Does not write metadata

Beans

Banshee Does not write metadata

So i decided to organize my music downloaded banshee because i could not do any thing with default music player, so i installed banshee

Then i Started organizing music getting album artwork editing music genre and so on
    When i Finished i opened file browser, clicked on music properties and what do i see no music meta data was changed is there a way to fix this because it is really frustrating to see non of your edited data was saved

thank you for reading

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Banshee Does not write metadata

Media players don't necessarily edit the tags; they store that kind of thing in an internal database. The fact that Nautilus isn't showing meta-data doesn't necessarily mean that the files weren't tagged; it doesn't read all types of tag.

Personally, I use Easy Tag to edit the tags on music files. It is able to do quite a lot automatically by filename structure. The tools that rip cds will also tag your files as they do so based on entries in online databases.
    None but ourselves can free our minds

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Use EasyTag instead. I've come across this with Banshee already and a forum user suggested I use EasyTag and it does exactly what I wanted; writing metadata. Try it out!

Thread Link: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1975936
    Last edited by Shadius; May 9th, 2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added link to thread

Beans

Thank you very mush for your replays now i understand thank you again