Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chromium Flash Pepper on precise, how?

Beans

Re: Chromium Flash Pepper on precise, how?

The pepper version of flash will never be distributed with chromium, but you can always grab it from the chrome binaries. Simply download the latest unstable chrome build for your arch,
    Code:
    wget "http://dl.google.com/dl/linux/direct/google-chrome-unstable_current_i386.rpm"
    for example, and extract the file /chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so. You'll have to add a flag when you call chromium pointing to the plugin,
    Code:
    --ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=11.3.31.103
    (assuming you copied it to /usr/lib and are using the current version as of this post). Then you'll have to go into chrome://plugins/ and disable the non-ppapi version of flash. Seems to work fairly well, but full-screen seems to not work for me.

Beans

Thank you very much!

Also works for me. Sound is messed up and I can't leave fullscreen. It's still unstable version.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

On Lubuntu 12.04
    WARNING! Caution, don't try on production machines without fear of dealing with problems. Reminder: Is done at your own risk (as usual)! Probably can be a future security risk if you don't update the Flash plugin regularly, at this point manually. But it should work, it did for me.

Downloaded google-chrome-stable_current_i386.deb version 20 from http://google.com/chrome. Installed Google Chrome on one computer & copied /opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so

Copy libpepflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/chromium-browser/
    Code:
    sudo cp /home/USERNAME/Downloads/libpepflashplayer.so /usr/lib/chromium-browser/
    Alternative way with GUI file manager
    Open Terminal
    Code:
    gksudo pcmanfm
    Copy libpepflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/chromium-browser/

Edit the 'default' text file:
    Code:
    gksudo leafpad /etc/chromium-browser/default
    # Default settings for chromium-browser. This file is sourced by /bin/sh from
    # /usr/bin/chromium-browser

# Options to pass to chromium-browser
    CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/chromium-browser/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=11.3.31.103"

Adobe Flash Player version check HERE

Go to (address bar): chrome://plugins

Disable the Adobe Flash plugin 11.2 r202, /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so (abandoned by Adobe?), use the 'Pepper' Adobe Flash Player instead.

The original file 'default':

CHROMIUM_FLAGS=""

Beans
    Distro

Adobe Pepper Flash Player, libpepflashplayer.so version 11.3.31.232 "crashes" Chromium Version 20.0.1132.47 Ubuntu 12.04 (144678), apport-gtk starts and reports false positive browser crash after watching a fullscreen YouTube video. apport-gtk also says: "It seems you have modified the contents of "/etc/chromium-browser/default". Would you like to add the contents of it to your bug report?"

Beans
    Distro

Just submitted a bug report. I hope Chromium will soon be supported by Adobe (Pepper Flash) and will fix the problem: Pepper Flash 11.3.31.232 crashes on Chromium 20.0 (Precise)

Beans
    Distro

WARNING! Caution, don't try on production machines without fear of dealing with problems since this guide is using a development release!

Pepper Flash from the Chrome Dev Channel, Click here to download the Google Chrome 64-bit Ubuntu/Debian version.

1. Open Archive Manager with root privileges. Open Terminal:
    Code:
    gksudo file-roller
    2. Open /home/USERNAME/Downloads google-chrome-unstable_current_amd64.deb
    3. Browse to: /opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/
    4. Right-click libpepflashplayer.so Extract... libpepflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/chromium-browser/

Code:
    Code:

CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/chromium-browser/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=11.4.31.203"
    YouTube works, watching a fullscreen YouTube video without problems. About Chromium Version 22.0.1229.94 Ubuntu 12.10 (161065).

Code:

CHROMIUM_FLAGS=""

Beans
    Distro

"Shockwave Flash has crashed." playing Café World, a Facebook game. libpepflashplayer.so PPAPI Flash Version: 11.4.31.203. About Chromium Version 22.0.1229.94 Ubuntu 12.10 (161065).

Beans
    Distro

If you have Google Chrome installed too: I'm using Google Chrome version 22.0.1229.94 stable's Pepper Flash version 11.4.31.110 in Chromium. It works fine with Chromium version 22.0.1229.94 Ubuntu 12.10 (161065).

Code:
    Code:

CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--ppapi-flash-path=/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=11.4.31.110"
    See also: HOW TO MAKE CHROMIUM USE FLASH PLAYER `PEPPER` FROM GOOGLE CHROME

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Lyfang View Post
    WARNING! Caution, don't try on production machines without fear of dealing with problems since this guide is using a development release!

Pepper Flash from the Chrome Dev Channel, Click here to download the Google Chrome 64-bit Ubuntu/Debian version.

1. Open Archive Manager with root privileges. Open Terminal:
    Code:
    gksudo file-roller
    2. Open /home/USERNAME/Downloads google-chrome-unstable_current_amd64.deb
    3. Browse to: /opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/
    4. Right-click libpepflashplayer.so Extract... libpepflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/chromium-browser/

Code:
    Code:

CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/chromium-browser/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=11.4.31.203"
    YouTube works, watching a fullscreen YouTube video without problems. About Chromium Version 22.0.1229.94 Ubuntu 12.10 (161065).

Code:

CHROMIUM_FLAGS=""
    I downloaded today's Google Chrome stable 64-bit .deb and I have Pepper Flash 11.5.31.2 with Chromium Version 22.0.1229.94 Ubuntu 12.10 (161065). Playing Café World, a Facebook game, without a crash so far. YouTube works great too. It would be great if an updated version of Pepper Flash existed in the Ubuntu repository for the Chromium browser.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Lyfang View Post
    I downloaded today's Google Chrome stable 64-bit .deb and I have Pepper Flash 11.5.31.2 with Chromium Version 22.0.1229.94 Ubuntu 12.10 (161065). Playing Café World, a Facebook game, without a crash so far. YouTube works great too. It would be great if an updated version of Pepper Flash existed in the Ubuntu repository for the Chromium browser.
    My Pepper Flash version is 11.5.31.2 according to Find Version | Flash Player - Adobe and the latest Pepper Flash version is: Chrome (Pepper-based Flash Player) 11.5.31.5

STATUS is 11.5.31.0, ACTION is Up to Date according to Firefox Web Browser — Plugin Check & Updates

Question about Pepper Flash security vulnerabilities. Should I upgrade to the newest Pepper Flash by downloading the Google Chrome package for Linux and extract the latest Flash Player? If not, how often should I (manually) update the Pepper Flash Player? BTW Pepper Flash full-screen mode works for me.

I want to automate the process of upgrading Pepper Flash. I would like a BASH or Python script that downloads the latest Google Chrome stable and extracts Pepper Flash Player to the /usr/lib/chromium-browser/ folder. Can someone write a simple "pepper-flash-updater.sh" script?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast