Thread: Notifier daemon and Ubuntu one issues in 12.04...

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Question Notifier daemon and Ubuntu one issues in 12.04...

Just today the notifier in Lubuntu started acting strange. It doesn't give me nearly as many notifications as it once did. It seems to have stopped giving me notifications on power: no more notifications that I plugged in or unplugged the computer, or that the battery is running low or fully charged.

It still give me updates on files being saved in Ubuntu One and Dropbox when they're syncing. But at the same time, not all my apps can seem to save things in Ubuntu one. Shutter, the screen capture app, can't seem to save directly to the Ubuntu One folder. I can save it elsewhere and then either copy or move it into Ubuntu One, which is a bit tedious.

Anyone know if these problems are related? Or if there's a fix for them?

Thanks!
    The Ubuntu family is your computer's friend!
    Always trust an Ubuntu OS!

Beans

Unhappy Re: Notifier daemon and Ubuntu one issues in 12.04...

I've got the same issue on my Kubuntu 12.04 (upgraded from 11.10). No longer receive low battery or critical battery warnings.

My googling brought me to this thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: Notifier daemon and Ubuntu one issues in 12.04...

Quote Originally Posted by _gez_ View Post
    I've got the same issue on my Kubuntu 12.04 (upgraded from 11.10). No longer receive low battery or critical battery warnings.

My googling brought me to this thread.
    Hopefully the updates will sort themselves out.

It's nice to know it isn't just my alone with my one computer that's experiencing some problems. Sounds like there's a little bug somewhere in all versions of Precise Pangolin that's a bit of a problem.

Apart from that, how's Kubuntu? I'm partial to LXDE and Xfce, which is why I use Lubuntu on my ageing laptop and Xubuntu on my PC. I've not really played about with KDE before...

Beans

Smile Re: Notifier daemon and Ubuntu one issues in 12.04...

Quote Originally Posted by M_Mynaardt View Post

Apart from that, how's Kubuntu? I'm partial to LXDE and Xfce, which is why I use Lubuntu on my ageing laptop and Xubuntu on my PC. I've not really played about with KDE before...
    I'm relatively new to Linux, probably 3 years now or so. I started with Ubuntu and then went to Mint, both of them the gnome versions.

I don't know why I even tried Kubuntu but I've been with it over a year now. I actually think it is more buggy than the gnome based distros but for some reason I stick with it.

I think it might be down to the looks of qt versus gtk+.

Here's hoping an update fixes it. I'm tempted to do a fresh install and see if that sorts it.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: Notifier daemon and Ubuntu one issues in 12.04...

Quote Originally Posted by _gez_ View Post
    I'm relatively new to Linux, probably 3 years now or so. I started with Ubuntu and then went to Mint, both of them the gnome versions.

I don't know why I even tried Kubuntu but I've been with it over a year now. I actually think it is more buggy than the gnome based distros but for some reason I stick with it.

I think it might be down to the looks of qt versus gtk+.

Here's hoping an update fixes it. I'm tempted to do a fresh install and see if that sorts it.
    Right on; you've been with Linux about a year longer than me. I gave it a go when I found out upgrading to ******* 7 was going to cost $100, each (!), for my PC and laptop. And even then it might work. No way was I going to spend a hundred bucks a pop on something may or may not work.

But even with some of the bugs, like the notifier daemon and Ubuntu One glitch, I still prefer it to Windows.