Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 12.04 Desktop Cube Compiz Issues

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: 12.04 Desktop Cube Compiz Issues

Quote Originally Posted by cornflake000 View Post

If the computer that is as easy as toasters was a choice, and the computer that has the capacity for advanced users was another choice, and the computer that has apps we want, unsacrificed by "progress" was another, that will be a day to celebrate. Ubuntu was almost there with Lynx, but have strayed far from it now. We are forced to do things according to the god of progress which has shown herself not to be progressive at all but digressive at the sacrifice of progress. As for iPad and Android, you have got to be kidding. Apples and Oranges? PCs vs. Hand helds... two different paradigms trying to be merged equals exclusion, lost usefulness, and wasted effort.

I have used and use many Linux ditros and have done so for many years... But you seem to have totally missed the point.

(end rant.)
    If you are a truly advanced user you can contribute some codes to Compiz. They are in need of maintainers and contributors for
    plugins, you know.

If you are a truly advanced user you probably don't need anything but a terminal, and Ubuntu offers that option too and all the tools in between. so I can't see how it is "dumbing down".

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Landau View Post
    Well, each to his own.
    At this point, you can make your reply, but I shall be bowing out of this discussion to prevent it from getting out of hand. (You get the last word ).
    Actually, I already bowed out with (end rant). But I guess I will have the last word if you wish. Of course it's all opinion. Be well.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain2012 View Post
    If you are a truly advanced user you can contribute some codes to Compiz. They are in need of maintainers and contributors for
    plugins, you know.

If you are a truly advanced user you probably don't need anything but a terminal, and Ubuntu offers that option too and all the tools in between. so I can't see how it is "dumbing down".
    I ended my contributions around the time of Karmic. I work on Enlightenment occasionally, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Ubuntu. Even though my Linux journey started considerably before Ubuntu, it was the first OS to get me excited about the prospect of Linux becoming main stream. It's just going where I don't wish to go and it's been a slow letting go, I guess.

My rant was true to me, but I mean no disrespect towards those who make the decisions. I simply differ in opinion from the Steve Jobs, Shuttlesworth, Microsoft, thinking.

Thanks for your comment. I'll now disapear for another year I guess.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456