Thread: Unable to enter password to decrypt harddisk after upgrading to ubuntu 12.04

Threaded View

Beans

Unable to enter password to decrypt harddisk after upgrading to ubuntu 12.04

Hello everybody,

I have a problem after upgrading from ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04. I'm using a Dell Zino HD 410, with a Logitech K520 mouse and keyboard combo (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-p...ss-combo-mk520). I have my harddisk encrypted with the standard tools provided by ubuntu (live cd). So before booting the OS, I need to enter my password.

At this moment I cannot enter any key to decrypt my harddisk. After plugging in another keyboard (standard dell usb keyboard and not wireless). I can type in my password and decrypt my harddisk. Ubuntu starts and works perfectly. The strange thing is, that everything works fine when the OS is loaded. E.g. I can use the Logitech K520 keyboard to logon to ubuntu. And this thread is also typed with this (logitech) keyboard.

Who can help? I did nothing this the bios, just an update for 11.10 to 12.04. And everything was working fine in 11.10.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Maarten1112; May 7th, 2012 at 03:09 PM.