Thread: Screen Recorfer

Beans

Question Screen Recorfer

Hello, I am looking for a good and reliable screen recorder for ubuntu 11.10, i will be using it to record minecraft videos... any ideas? i have tried many but without successful results. if the software needs to be installed in terminal, could you please include the comand lines needed to isntall the program? thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Screen Recorfer

Try Recordmydesktop.

How fast is your computer? If it's slow, recording desktop video can be problematic.

Beans

8 gb of ram intel i7, it's fast enough... however, i have tried record my dekstop and it does not work for me

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

That's really helpful. How about, "I did X and Y and expected result X, but this other thing happened instead."

Beans

I downloaded recordmydesktop, and when i tried to record, nothing would happen, i got an error. after searching for fixes on the internet, i found that after you repair that error, you get another error that needs to be fixed, so i decided to search elsewhere

Beans

Question Re: Screen Recorder

Another Other Ideas Of Screen Recording Software?

Beans

Personally, I've found the only screen recorder worth looking at is gtk-recordmydesktop. I am running it without issue on elementary OS Jupiter. My laptop is from circa 2006, and I am recording in 1080p HD very nicely, thank you

Beans

When i try to use gtk- record my desktop, i click record and it automatically stops recording...