Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 workspace bug

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu 12.04 workspace bug

I have found a bug in the new generous workspace function that allows for as many workspaces (extreme bottom right of screen) as one could wish and as many rows. I experimented with 9 workspaces in 3 rows. I got seriously lost when I clicked on the 2nd row. The background of the screen was there, but nothing else. I tried everything I could think of to get out and could not leave the workspace until I did Ctrl+Alt+Del which eventually logged me out and presented the log-in prompt. It was scary.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 with Gnome Classic login style available from a special download via:

sudo apt-get install gnome-session-fallback

Please inform those that create the code of this bug.
    Michael Flower in Las Vegas, NV (over 35 years experience with computers)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 workspace bug

Quote Originally Posted by machdohvah View Post
    I have found a bug in the new generous workspace function that allows for as many workspaces (extreme bottom right of screen) as one could wish and as many rows. I experimented with 9 workspaces in 3 rows. I got seriously lost when I clicked on the 2nd row. The background of the screen was there, but nothing else. I tried everything I could think of to get out and could not leave the workspace until I did Ctrl+Alt+Del which eventually logged me out and presented the log-in prompt. It was scary.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 with Gnome Classic login style available from a special download via:

sudo apt-get install gnome-session-fallback

Please inform those that create the code of this bug.
    You can report the bug yourself, if you have a launchpad account IF you aren't sure how to create a bug report, have a look at this wiki page first

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 workspace bug

I just tried to create a Launch Pad account and it failed to recognize the confirmation code that it sent me. Please, just forward the bug to the appropriate people. O do not need to anything further about this.
    Michael Flower in Las Vegas, NV (over 35 years experience with computers)