Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EA will be attending Ubuntu Developer Summit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: EA will be attending Ubuntu Developer Summit

Quote Originally Posted by nankura View Post
    its not surprising, with steam announcing there possable release of the client. larger companys wont sit back and go "oh steams going to linux. lets sit back and see what happens"

There going to follow. and there going to compete, not only that, with nvidias latest updates supporting multiple features, even new randr compositing features, nvidia is boosting there developement

Along with that, phoronix unveiled news about a new Graphical gaming engine bringing "Tessellation" to linux. the main feature/backend of DirectX 11, and native DX11

And ontop of even that, wayland and new X Managers are due boasting impressive features. and with DR2 and Proper Piping been founded its a bright future

My Point is. linux isnt just a terminal anymore, its graphical and breakthroughs are been made which companys are noticing. those breakthroughs allow easy game ports. good graphics, and future gaming developement so companys will eventually grab that and use it for profit margins
    Agree, this can only mean more incentive for better drivers and multimedia capabilities available on Linux. Games is the only reason I have a dual boot, and if enjoyable quality games becomes native on Linux there wouldn't be a reason to keep windows partition anymore.

Even for those not wanting anything to do with this, there will be positive spin offs in the long run. Maybe now we could perhaps get a driver (open source or proprietary) that actually supports suspend and waking the screen properly every time from standby mode on a laptop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Electronic Arts Attending Ubuntu Developer Summit

Steam and now EA?! Its going to be an interesting Linux year! http://omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/05/elect...eloper-summit/
    Last edited by crimsontide; May 3rd, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
    Linux User # 406082 Ubuntu User # 13207

The Ubuntu Magazine http://www.fullcirclemagazine.org

Beans

Re: Electronic Arts Attending Ubuntu Developer Summit

Was going to post this but then I realized that all the news is just that EA will be at the Ubuntu Developer Summit and nothing else. Meh.

Beans
    Distro

I hope to be able to pick me a pile of games for 12.10!
    Linux User # 406082 Ubuntu User # 13207

The Ubuntu Magazine http://www.fullcirclemagazine.org

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontide View Post
    I hope to be able to pick me a pile of games for 12.10!
    That would be great but that also means that EA must have been working on something for Linux this whole time. What's more, will people who own the game for Windows have to buy it again for Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Zeven View Post
    That would be great but that also means that EA must have been working on something for Linux this whole time. What's more, will people who own the game for Windows have to buy it again for Linux?
    This isn't the first time EA has had anything to do with Linux. Owners of the Windows version of Medal of Honor Allied Assault could download an installer for the Linux platform too, although I was too lazy at the time to figure out how to make it work. But the option was there freely for Windows customers, nonetheless, and I'm sure it would work just the same if EA's published titles were released on Steam.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Merged

Beans
    Hidden!

Two tin cans are better than an iphone

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_2067160_ma...hone.html?cr=1

Beans

Good to hear!
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans
    Distro

fifa13 Plz i would b happy
    Monitor: LG flatron w1954s 22", mobo: G31-m7 series, CPU: Intel LGA 775 Intel core duo 2 2,66GHZ, RAM: 3GB, GPU: ATI Radeom HD 2400, Storage: 500GB SATA and 80GB IDE, Windows 7 ultimate and Ubuntu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast