Thread: Mouse pointer jumps back to a point every second during some games

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Mouse pointer jumps back to a point every second during some games

Mouse pointer works fine for most things, but with some games the pointer keeps jumping back to a spot about every second. It happens with 'Mouse', 'Track Stick', and 'Touch Pad'.

lbreakout2 - on the menu screen it works fine, but swith over to playing a game it gets jumpy
    nexuiz - messes up right from the start
    openarena - messes up right from the start, etc...
    (These are just the ones that I tried this out with, there's probably more...)

Update: found this website:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ter/+bug/61105
    "stop unclutter before launching a conflicting application."

So you can `killall unclutter` first. It's part of `kubuntu-full` so if you unintall `clutter`, it'll remove the `kubuntu-full` meta-package too, if that's installed. Maybe `unclutter` should be removed from the `kubuntu-full` meta-package grouping?
    Last edited by BryanFRitt; May 3rd, 2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Changed fonts on names of application, found workaround
    One of my most wanted bugs [in K/Ubuntu, ...] I'd like fixed is that
    GNOME save as / open dialogs don't have a way to copy paths to the clipboard.
    p.s.
    Recovery console should be renamed performance gaming console

Beans

Talking Re: Mouse pointer jumps back to a point every second during some games

I had that mouse jump problem for so long, I could never find a solution that fixed it. Killing unclutter did it. I removed unclutter, and yes it removed the meta package for kubuntu-full. But that's no problem for me. Thanks for posting this solution. Even looking at that bug page I didn't even catch that.