Thread: Compiling Squid

Beans

Compiling Squid

I've successfully compiled squid 3.1.19 on 11.04 (I think). And I have a directory under /usr/local/squid, so.....how do I actually install squid so that it runs? I mean, what comes after "make install", because if installation files and config files need to be copied from the build directory to their right places, I haven't got a clue.

I should mention that I have the previous/default version of squid that came with 11.04 working and running fine

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: A silly squid question

Make install should install it so you can launch it. You could take a look at the make file to see what is being installed and where.
    Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40Ghz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7800 | HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS38 ATA Device | OCZ Agility 3 SATA III SSD 60GB (ntfs [win7 boot], ntfs [win7], ext4 [linux]) + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB (RAID0, ntfs [data])

Beans

Re: A silly squid question

Ok, thanks. I can see the squid executable under the src directory now.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Compiling Squid

Good, then please mark the thread 'solved' (as indicated in the post above).
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.