Thread: Celebrity close encounter and a short story behind it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Celebrity close encounter and a short story behind it

Ok, this is simple. A short story of your encounter with a celebrity. Here's mine:

01. Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquility voice/frontman) - 2008 on a concert in Ljubljana/SLO. My wife wanted to meet the band so much, so I went backstage after the show and after pushing around with security and almost getting slapped Mikael gets out from backstage to hall and notices my shirt. I had a black custom made one with big Quark portrait in front (Ferengi from Star Trek DS9). He said heeey nice shirt man, you want to swap for mine. And I said sure no problem, only of you and the rest of the band put a signature on it... so I got Decibel T-Shirt for my Ferengi one with signatures from the complete band and my wife got to meet the guys... she was ecstatic.

02. Dennis Casey (Flogging Molly guitarist) - ran on to him after the 2010 show in Zagreb/CRO, we went for a drink, which led to a whole night drinking. Such a great guy, it was a pleasure to meet him.

03. Evergray tour bus party after the show in Budapest/HUN in 2006... I think I don't have to tell you how that went, you can imagine...
    There are only 10 kinds of people in the world -- Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    S
    adly, technology is dominated by those who manage what they do not understand.
    Zacks

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Celebrity close encounter and a short story behind it

1) Andre Reed (wide receiver for the Buffalo Bills) has a brother who went to my mom's church who was my confirmation partner. I played touch football with Andre, his brother, and his brother's confirmation partner. I got my butt whipped.

2) I tripped Roger Clemens at a Red Sox vs. Orioles baseball game. After the game I was waiting at the visitor exit door for autographs and accidentally tripped Clemens as he was getting in to the bus.

3) The White Stripes played at my college. Between the time they were booked and the time of the show, they "hit it big" and all of a sudden a band who was playing on Letterman and had the number 3 album of the year was playing in a little room that held about 150 people. I was in the front row, the lead singer's spit would hit me when he sang.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Gene Hackman. I was in an unused crowd scene for Hoosiers.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Lemmy from motorhead: Bought me a beer just because I had a mohawk.
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I once met Neil Young after a concert in Kamloops BC. It seems that my co-worker's wife and Neil are cousins, so when we heard he was coming to Kamloops, she called him and got us free tickets, as well as an opportunity to go back stage. I still have the backstage pass.

It was his International Harvester tour, if you want to take a shot at what year it was.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Famous people I have met include former New Zealand prime minister Helen Clark, in 2004, at a function Mrs Lisati & I were attending. (Yes, we have photographic evidence lurking around somewhere but in the interests of privacy of others in the shot I won't be posting it.)
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog