Thread: intel hd 4000

Beans

intel hd 4000

I am interested in the gazelle laptop with the intel hd 4000 gpu, but I am slightly worried that it will not be as performant as I would like.

I am not a heavy gamer, but I do play a handful of games on my desktop. Currently my desktop has an ATI Radeon HD 5550, and it can handle anything I've tried so far.

I don't mind running games at low quality and lowish resolutions, but can the intel hd 4000 keep the fps to a reasonable rate?

If nothing else I play quakelive, and would like 125fps after turning down most of the settings.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: intel hd 4000

Quote Originally Posted by kazzmir View Post
    I am interested in the gazelle laptop with the intel hd 4000 gpu, but I am slightly worried that it will not be as performant as I would like.

I am not a heavy gamer, but I do play a handful of games on my desktop. Currently my desktop has an ATI Radeon HD 5550, and it can handle anything I've tried so far.

I don't mind running games at low quality and lowish resolutions, but can the intel hd 4000 keep the fps to a reasonable rate?

If nothing else I play quakelive, and would like 125fps after turning down most of the settings.
    You should be able to pull out double those framerates on Quake with a Gazelle. The GPU in it is more than capable of light-to-medium 3D.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

Re: intel hd 4000

I am able to play Counterstrike: Source and Killing Floor at 1080p and max settings with that chipset. No slowdown.