Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12.04 Desktop Wallpaper\Background changer - Wallch

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Talking 12.04 Desktop Wallpaper\Background changer - Wallch

If you are using 12.04 and are looking for a desktop background\wallpaper changer I recommend giving Wallch a try.
    The latest version is available via the Software centre or Synaptic.
    I disagree with the two current reviews in the Software centre, I have found it user friendly, easily configured and working smoothly with both Unity 3d and Unity 2d.
    I use it for my own backdround art only but it also has options for Live Earth and Picture of the Day...

Beans

Re: 12.04 Desktop Wallpaper\Background changer - Wallch

Quote Originally Posted by drumour View Post
    If you are using 12.04 and are looking for a desktop background\wallpaper changer I recommend giving Wallch a try.
    The latest version is available via the Software centre or Synaptic.
    I disagree with the two current reviews in the Software centre, I have found it user friendly, easily configured and working smoothly with both Unity 3d and Unity 2d.
    I use it for my own backdround art only but it also has options for Live Earth and Picture of the Day...
    Thank you so much for the tip. However, there does not appear to be a way to adjust for scale for this app. If there is, would you direct me to it? Thanks again. Found it.
    Last edited by ferd; May 1st, 2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Found it.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've noticed two really annoying problems with Wallch.
    1. The app hangs out in the Launcher. You can unlock it, but then you can't access the UI again without crashing it. A utility like this is supposed to work in the background unseen.
    2. The display preference is stuck on "zoom." You can change it in the Preferences window (I prefer "scale"), but even after you save it, the mode is reset to "zoom" the next time the background is changed.

If it wasn't for these two issues, Wallch would be a really nice utility.
    T

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wallch has been working fine for me in 12.04... A nice thing to have in your arsenal if your machine's going to be on all day.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Max Blyss View Post
    Wallch has been working fine for me in 12.04.
    Your preferences aren't stuck on "Zoom?" I'd really like to change it to "Scale," but it keeps changing itself back.
    T

hakermania is offline Τώρα ξέρεις τι γράφω εδώ!
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by temporos View Post
    Your preferences aren't stuck on "Zoom?" I'd really like to change it to "Scale," but it keeps changing itself back.
    Yes, it's true, this is an i-want-to-hide-from-my-program's-users bug hehehe. We were in a hurry releasing Wallch 3.0 because of our finals, and such bugs appeared from nowhere

Anyway, we've fixed this bug and also, we have added the option to 'hide' the application when 'start' is pressed. If you have selected to minimize to tray, then it lays there if you press the start button. I guess that's what you want
    Website

Wallch (Wallpaper Changer): Sourceforge | Launchpad

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hakermania View Post
    Anyway, we've fixed this bug...
    When is this update going to be available? I'm still running 3.0, and Wallch never seems to show up in the Update Manager. Do I need to un/reinstall for the update?

Also, do you know if Wallch will run under Lubuntu? I haven't found any reliable info about this on Google.
    T

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by temporos View Post
    When is this update going to be available? I'm still running 3.0, and Wallch never seems to show up in the Update Manager. Do I need to un/reinstall for the update?

Also, do you know if Wallch will run under Lubuntu? I haven't found any reliable info about this on Google.
    We are going to do many fixes on Wallch and we will provide them altogether, we don't like small changes -> new update, just like what firefox does nowadays.

The update will be available some time this summer. Omgubuntu.co.uk may inform you for it, but you have better check the site now and then (look my signature)

As for Lubuntu (LXDE), Wallch has already been tested there and works like a charm , so keep an eye for new updates
    Website

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have been using Wallch for a couple years on 11.10. Abt 2 wks ago upgraded to 12.04; everything went OK but today went into the Wallch GUI configuration and found everything in Arabic! No idea how that happened; but would like to change it to a language I know (English, French, Spanish, Portuguese).

If anyone has a hint how to do that would be pleased to hear.

Thanks, Jock.

Beans
    Distro

Unhappy Re: 12.04 Desktop Wallpaper\Background changer - Wallch

Quote Originally Posted by jockmullin View Post
    I have been using Wallch for a couple years on 11.10. Abt 2 wks ago upgraded to 12.04; everything went OK but today went into the Wallch GUI configuration and found everything in Arabic! No idea how that happened; but would like to change it to a language I know (English, French, Spanish, Portuguese).

If anyone has a hint how to do that would be pleased to hear.

Thanks, Jock.
    Hello, this is a known bug and sorry for this...
    Removing the file
    Code:
    ~/.config/Wallch/Preferences.conf
    and restarting Wallch should fix the problem!

Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Website

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast