Thread: 'Device not ready' state to all of my network adapters

Hybrid View

Beans

Angry 'Device not ready' Message to D-Link DFE-580TX Wired Network Adapters.

Hi all,

Strangely that my 3 Quad port network adapters can be recognised when I write the 'ifconfig' command, but they all seem to be in 'Device not ready' state when I click on the networking tab at the toolbar (please see pictures below).

At the 'System Setting' they all seem to be recognised but again, their state doesn't change when I plug a network cable into them.

Could anybody advise if there is a solution to this problem? I'm a new Linux user (Have been using it for the past month).

The network adapters I have are the D-Link DFE-580TX.

From the Toolbar menu, it says that it's a 'Wired Network (D-Link DL 10050 Sundance Ethernet).

Thank you all.

Last edited by Mesopotamia; May 2nd, 2012 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Better Subject Title

Beans

Re: 'Device not ready' state to all of my network adapters

Anybody?

Beans

Just to complement my post above, the cards work fine on the Ubuntu 11.10 but not the 12.04.

Could you guys help?

Beans

That many viewers and nobody could help me where to start looking

Today's bump..

Beans

Anybody ?

Beans

Bump.

Beans

Dear All,
    I have tried myself the above methods but im unable to get my quad nics working. I have set network manager= false in the networkmanager config file and put all the entries in the /network/interfaces file.
    1. What i tried is that I took a cable and connected my onboard nic card with with ports of the quad nic one by one and the quad nic started responding. However when I again attached the cable with one of the quad nic port and my 3550 switch; the green lights doesnt come up.I have checked the switch and the ports there are not administratively down.
    2. I remove the cable from quad nic and attach it to the onboard nic card (with other end connected to 3550) and it came up. I tested it with gns3 and i can able to see the switch in show cdp neighbor!!
    Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong!! its been 4 days and I cant make those quad nic work with my switches!!!