Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: double sound, headphone and laptop speakers

Beans

Re: double sound, headphone and laptop speakers

Dear all,

I don't know why there is a confusion with the pulseAudio volume control and the one from Unity and how the detection that I plugg jacks in the computer do not work anymore. However with alsamixer I could manually control the volume of the speaker inside the UC and thus solve part of the problem

Thanks for the link,

Best

Boorhïn

PS: I found also that http://ubuntuguide.net/fix-sound-sti...n-ubuntu-10-04
    That shows I should have an option jack sense. But this option does not appear
    Last edited by Boorhin; February 11th, 2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: New data

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi all,

I also have a related issue with speakers and headphones after a clean install of 12.10 on my laptop:

- Before (with 10.04) I could switch between speakers and headphones via the sound applet in the menu. So when I selected the headphones the speakers were out and viceversa.

- Now I have either the speakers *and* the headphones or nothing. So I put on my headset but still bother everybody around through the speakers. There's no way to activate them separately in 12.10

Any ideas about where to look?

Thanks in advance.

Philip

Beans

Hi Philip,

Did you try to run alsamixer?
    I have lost the autosense but with the alsamixer I manage to control what is muted individually. I see that in the backgrounds when I do some combination of mutes I have strange behaviours (like mute/unmute not considered). I also noted that the Alsa does not recognise the right audio chipset. I am still looking into it but lack time.
    Best
    Boorhin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12