Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu One is ridiculously slow

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Ubuntu One is ridiculously slow

I have found that every once in a while it is rather slow. It is still amost impossible. (I have only had problems since Monday) I put some microscope picutre files to sync two days ago and they still have not gotten up there.

Where are the servers anyway? Just curious.

Cheers,
    D

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by David Crockett View Post
    Where are the servers anyway? Just curious.
    Some ubuntuone servers are in the UK, altough I do not know if all of them are.

The data itself is stored on the servers of Amazon S3. They are spread all over the world.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Just to give an update and credit where it is due... I have uploaded 17 Gig of pictures and and video (I started the upload last Saturday). The upload speed doubled in the last two days and finished last night. My other two computers have been set up and have been set to sync and worked flawlessly. This will really save me some time with back ups and I am happy to finally pay something for Ubuntu. I highly suggest downloading the app- indicator mentioned in the the sticky. The Ubuntu One interface is nice but the fact that it offers no progress while uploading or syncing is a drawback.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I too have just purchased 20 gig on Ubuntu one. It has been working very well of late and it has been very useful for backing up my photomicrographs and distributing them to other work stations and a home computer.

Happy computing.
    David

Beans

Well basically I have the same problems - I started using Ubuntu One when 12.04 came out, but it is still a slow and unusable as ever

What' worse, while it is syncing, it gobbling up all bandwidth, it is virtually impossible to browse the web.

Dropbox works fine though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12