Thread: monitor not working upon boot up ubuntu 13.10

Beans

monitor not working upon boot up ubuntu 13.10

i have two monitors hooked up to my lenovo laptop running ubunto 13.10. normally there are no issues. i boot up and one monitor is hooked up to the HDMI out, the other to the SVGA out. i believe i have a separate video processor and the SVGA uses the onboard video processor, with the HDMI using the separate video card processor. whenever i boot up, the laptop built in display and the HDMI monitor always are working, but i'd say the SVGA monitor only works about 1/2 to 2/3 of the time i boot up.

the display settings show that all 3 displays are "working" and connected. i have to turn off the SVGA monitor in display settings, then apply the settings, accept the new config, then turn the monitor back on in the display settings, move it back to the correct placement among the 3 monitors, and then apply the settings. this USUALLY works immediately, but sometimes even it doesn't work right away, and i have to repeat the same steps again!

overall i love ubuntu, but this with my swap problem are driving me crazy, so help please!

Beans

Re: monitor not working upon boot up ubuntu 13.10

now it's pretty much never working on boot up. i'm going to just start unplugging it to start, then plugging it in once booted up since it'd be quicker than way. anyone have a better suggestion?