Thread: LightDM question

Beans

LightDM question

Hi.

I upgraded from ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04 32bit today, now was suppossed that LightDM shows the wallpapper background to match the desktop in the login screen? mine seems the same as before. I have other DE's GNOME KDE LXDE and Unity installed before the upgrade.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: LightDM question

Have you selected a static wallpaper background? If we select the wallpaper slide show then lighDM uses the default image warty-final-ubuntu.png. If we select a static wallpaper background image then that image is used for the background of the login screen.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Seems like the greeter will only see the default wallpapers. If you select one of the wallpapers that come with 12.04 it will work. But if you try to use your own wallpaper it will display that ugly standard wallpaper. Who picks out these anyway they all stink. I have been looking for a way around it but haven't found one yet. I already tried copying one of my wallpapers to the /usr/share/background folder. That didn't work.

Beans

@grahammechanical
    yes, mi actual wallpapper is a jpg image

@Jimtuv
    then we can only expect a lightdm update
    Last edited by cuyo01; April 28th, 2012 at 09:26 PM.