Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: gTorrent: A Bittorrent client for GNOME

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: gTorrent: A Bittorrent client for GNOME

Quote Originally Posted by christooss View Post
    OK thanks for the anwser. Its my mistake that I haven't tried to download. If I would I would know that there is no download avalible. And of course tjat is not voilation of GPL

Sorry for this mistake. it wont happen again. **** this hapens to me to many times.

And again thanks for the effort. And I hope I will have the knowlengement for helping this project

Again sorry for mistake. And thanks for clearing up things.
    no problem, and no offense taken

the community's eagerness for this program is what's keeping me working on it
    Thinkpad T61p: 15.4" WUXGA Screen, Core 2 Duo T9300, 4GB DDR2, 512MB Quadro 570M, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, DVD+RW, Intel 4965AGN+Bluetooth, 9 Cell Battery
    http://blog.zachtib.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Well, I must say I am extremely interested in this project. I switched to Linux not so long ago, and I must say I love Ubuntu, but some applications leave a little to be desired. And one of them is a bittorrent client...

I mean, as of now we have:
    Azureus.. very good but honestly soo heavy
    Ktorrent: good but.. doesn't work THAT well under gnome...
    Bittorrent and such: too few features

That is why I have my hopes up I read that you have in mind utorrent. That's good, utorrent is a very good client... if you manage to do something like that for gnome.. I (and many more people) will be grateful

Just a small suggestion you most likely already considered (but it never hurts to repeat it..), you should probably try to gain visibility once the basic program works. That way, you can get other people to help you develop it. And who knows, maybe gTorrent will one day be the default gnome bittorrent client

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Krakatos View Post
    Just a small suggestion you most likely already considered (but it never hurts to repeat it..), you should probably try to gain visibility once the basic program works. That way, you can get other people to help you develop it. And who knows, maybe gTorrent will one day be the default gnome bittorrent client
    I was going to try to knock out the last few bugs this weekend, but I live in Kentucky (go to school in Louisville, home is in Lexington), and you may have heard about the weather here this weekend. Flooding, tornados, thunderstorms, etc. My house was out of power for a good chunk of the weekend, so I was unable to work on the client. But I have hopes for a first alpha release soon.
    Thinkpad T61p: 15.4" WUXGA Screen, Core 2 Duo T9300, 4GB DDR2, 512MB Quadro 570M, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, DVD+RW, Intel 4965AGN+Bluetooth, 9 Cell Battery

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Well, I waited since I installed Ubuntu (and that means that all the users more experienced than me waited a LOT more ) so it's not like there's this much hurry. As long as you keep working on it, it's all fine.

Once the program is out and it starts to spread.. then it will also acquire momentum on its own, provided it is made so that more than one person can develop it at the same time. Those kind of things inevitably grow on their own

Beans
    Distro

there's actually two of us working on it right now. the program is split into several files to allow for this

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Why don't you use SF.net anymore? I see you are hosting your project now at Google. Also changed the name to Deluge.
    Note that I think it's still a great project, but why these changes?

About the alpha: I have not tested it yet, I'll do as soon I'm home again (when i'm back from school)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by mithras86 View Post
    Why don't you use SF.net anymore? I see you are hosting your project now at Google. Also changed the name to Deluge.
    Note that I think it's still a great project, but why these changes?
    The other thread explains some of this. Basically the name gTorrent was (1) taken in the past, and (2) seems to imply the app is gnome-only (but it isn't, it just uses gtk+). As for Google instead of SF, the Google hosting seems to have a nice clean minimalistic interface, and works well for now. I don't think we have anything against SF, it's a great site.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by kripkenstein View Post
    The other thread As for Google instead of SF, the Google hosting seems to have a nice clean minimalistic interface, and works well for now. I don't think we have anything against SF, it's a great site.
    Well, I must say I disagree a little. The point here is that honestly, sourceforge offers visibility once you start to have a little activity. And visibility means more interested peoples, more coders, more users, more everything. You CAN do it with other means of course, but please as you start to hit "stable" releases later on, consider a way to get visibility- It's really important, so that this does not become just another niche project.

Just my suggestion of course

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

this is exactly what the linux desktop needs (well, the gtk using linux desktop crowd)

where's the source? i wanna take a peek see if theres anything i could improove (doubt there will be, but u know im interested anyway... im trying to learn py-GTK atm)

edit: found... post #1 surprisingly enuff lol

edit2: oh... no i havent. is the source code not available?
    Last edited by Choad; October 29th, 2006 at 12:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Choad View Post
    this is exactly what the linux desktop needs (well, the gtk using linux desktop crowd)

where's the source? i wanna take a peek see if theres anything i could improove (doubt there will be, but u know im interested anyway... im trying to learn py-GTK atm)

edit: found... post #1 surprisingly enuff lol

edit2: oh... no i havent. is the source code not available?
    This project has been renamed Deluge and now has its own subforum!
    http://www.ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=172

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast