Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 has experienced an internal error

Beans

Unhappy Ubuntu 12.04 has experienced an internal error

Hi
    I had upgraded to ubuntu 12.04 1 day ago. It was working fine. today while browsing net a window just pop up with error massage "ubuntu 12.04 has experienced an internal error". It seems that genome has crashed Does any body has any idea???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 has experienced an internal error

next time, click the "details" button -- so that you can provide more specific information..

this type of problem is not uncommon in initial wide releases..

Beans

I'm experiencing an error as well. I recently upgraded from 11.10 and something clearly went wrong. There are no controls in gnome, and I keep getting a message saying that there is an internal error.

Beans

I'e had this error also, but after that, nothing happened, just used the computer without a problem.

Beans

Same. I clicked details but not being that familiar with Ubuntu I couldn't really figure out the problem. I just ignored it since everything seems to be fine.

The "send error report" thing is bugging me though. I don't want that Windows non sense on my Linux system, I thought that was one of the main perks of Linux.

Beans

Same here!... I'm not sure if this about that bug, but I saw a a landscape fail when my computer shut down.

Beans

Also I can't save an software icon in the left toolbar... When I turn on my computer, the left toolbar doesnt save my icons.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This "error" is not same on every system - for folks to jump in with a "I get this too" type of responses -- does not help. There is a "details" button associated with the dialogue box associated with the message - it will provide information on the cause that triggered of bug reporting subsystem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by coldjeanz View Post
    Same. I clicked details but not being that familiar with Ubuntu I couldn't really figure out the problem. I just ignored it since everything seems to be fine.

The "send error report" thing is bugging me though. I don't want that Windows non sense on my Linux system, I thought that was one of the main perks of Linux.
    Ubuntu is is just a flavour of Linux -- some flavours are less buggy than others - Ubuntu is bleeding edge as far as distributions go -

It is not clear to me what you mean by "Windows non sense"? Are you talking about buggy software, intrusive behaviour, or something else?

Beans

It was having problem with screenlet application. i Uninstalled it, after this problem reduces but still it shows some problem with gnome. some time it says gnome crashes or intel.py having problem. I will give the screen shot next time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast