Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YouTube videos are blue

Beans

Re: YouTube videos are blue

Quote Originally Posted by ExSuSEusr View Post
    What worked for me was starting a video (in Youtube) and going full screen. The right clicking and unchecking hardware acceleration.

Worked just fine after that.
    How does it feel to be a modern day Prometheus?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thank you for the info on this issue.
    Marc

AMD Athlon X2 64bit 2.3GHZ/ 4GB DDR2 6400/ 250GB HD/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 896MB/ Corsair 850 Watt PS/ 20" Dell WS LCD Monitor.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I JUST had this problem and fixed it.

What worked for me was starting a video (in Youtube) and going full screen. The right clicking and unchecking hardware acceleration.

There seems to be an issue with the new and final version of Flash.
    Perfect! Thank you!
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - That principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Beans

Those who don't want to disable hardware acceleration, you can join the Youtube HTML5 Trial to fix the blue tint problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Well interesting things happened. I did have flash, but I saw a thing called "flash Aid" which is supposed to mediate the setting between Linux and the flash player. Well the minute it was installed the blue went away... Now I have NORMAL looking people and not the Blue men...

Thanks much..

Quote Originally Posted by w1ll1am View Post
    When watching youtube videos on both my desktop and mythbuntu box both running ubuntu 12.04 everything on youtube has a blue tint. I have installed adobe flash by clicking on the install missing plugins button in firefox and both systems are 64bit.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Flash-aid doesn't do anything the minute it is installed. It has to be run in one if its 3 modes by the user after installing and restarting Firefox.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by muranyia View Post
    Those who don't want to disable hardware acceleration, you can join the Youtube HTML5 Trial to fix the blue tint problem.
    The hardware acceleration only applies to flash stuff anyway. The problem I have with the html5 trial is that years after saying they would covert everything to open formats, Google/youtube continues to use a proprietary x264 format instead of webm or whatever, even on new videos. Those will not work on linux, at least chromium and some other browsers, because of patent issues (mplayer etc get around this by not caring). So after continually running into that problem with hires videos I gave up on the html5 trial even though it is WAY better than flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous admin
    root is a flying nuclear buzzsaw
    GETFIXED: Video BadAlloc crashes! Turn ON the error beep! Get 64 bit Flash! Fix mplayer!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by shantiq View Post
    HHHAAAA the trick was

had tried to do it without fullscreen and it is locked then so thanx for that
    Interesting that you got it to work on full screen. I fixed this by following the instructions [html http://blog.riboli.org/post/29552075123/ubuntu-firefox-youtube-blue-videos-workaround]here[/html], where they say to log out of unity3d and into unity2d to unlock the check box. That worked, and I was actually wanting to start a thread asking why it makes a difference. I mean why would unity3d lock this box or have anything to do with it? Beats me. But it is true that in 2d I did not have to go fullscreen to uncheck the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous admin
    root is a flying nuclear buzzsaw
    GETFIXED: Video BadAlloc crashes! Turn ON the error beep! Get 64 bit Flash! Fix mplayer!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

It worked for me as well! Thank you!! Hardware acceleration did the trick!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Smile Re: YouTube videos are blue

I JUST had this problem and fixed it.

There seems to be an issue with the new and final version of Flash.

Great! I thought it would be around 24 hours of installing and uninstalling, but your trick did it in 24 seconds. Now I can do other stuff this weekend

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12