Thread: Asus Xonar DG

Beans

Asus Xonar DG

So, I decided to give Ubuntu 11.10 a shot on my desktop. My desktop has an Asus Xonar DG installed, which I'm pretty sure is what's causing my issues. I've tried searching this card and it seems that it has issues with Linux.

When I attempt to use my headphones, my computer doesn't recognize they're plugged in. I'm pretty sure it's because of the sound card since I have it set up through the front panel. When I put the Front Panel plug into the motherboard rather than the sound card, the sound played out of my headphones just fine. It's also of note, that my sound only works when it's set to run through Nvidia HDMI 2.

Like I'd said, I have Ubuntu 11.10 and I've installed all the updates. And, my version of alsa is 1.0.24

I'm not sure what (if any) more information might be necessary, so whatever you need to know, just ask me and I'll be glad to post it. And, thanks fro any help.

Beans

Re: Asus Xonar DG

Bump? I'd just really like to get this working. Does anyone know if 12.04 has a fix for this?

Beans

Bump again?

Beans

I'am using 12.04 and its working here, havent testeid it alot, it has 3 outputs

speakers
    headphones 1
    headphones 2
    not sure witch is right one for headphones, but i think headphone amplifier is working (soundcard is making fysically click sound when changing output channels)

too bad i cant configure it fully as i could in windows (change channels and stuff)

Beans

Well, I can play the headphones through the back using Oxygen HD Audio headphone 2, but I can't play through the front panel, nor do any of the Oxygen options play through my monitor's built in speakers, which is annoying.

edit: Yeah, mine makes the click sound whenever I switch my output slot as well.

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Zyxer22 View Post
    Bump? I'd just really like to get this working. Does anyone know if 12.04 has a fix for this?
    I am using ASUS Xonar DG under Ubuntu 12.04. Yesterday it stopped working. I am searching for a solution.

Beans

I have a Xonar DG in 12.04 also. The output works great, but no matter what I try, with alsamixer, or different ports on the card, I can not get any input.