Originally Posted by AnotherMuggle
As promised I have attached my mouse driver patch for kernel 3.2.0-24-generic-pae. I am using this patch myself but I only just finished tinkering with it so I can't promise anything regarding reliability or whether the patch will work for other people. Hopefully it will help some people out!
1. Download the attached file to your computers desktop
2. sudo apt-get install dkms build-essential
3. cd ~/Desktop
4. tar jxvf psmouse-3.2.0-24-generic-pae.tar.bz2
5. sudo mv psmouse-3.2.0-24-generic-pae /usr/src
6. cd /usr/src
7. sudo chmod -R a+rx psmouse-3.2.0-24-generic-pae
8. sudo dkms add -m psmouse -v 3.2.0-24-generic-pae
9. sudo dkms build -m psmouse -v 3.2.0-24-generic-pae
10. sudo dkms install -m psmouse -v 3.2.0-24-generic-pae
11. sudo modprobe -r psmouse
12. sudo modprobe psmouse
13. sudo dkms status
The output of the last command should look similar to this (with no errors):
"psmouse, 3.2.0-24-generic-pae, 3.2.0-24-generic-pae, i686: installed"
No need to restart the computer as the driver is now loaded and the mouse should be working, including the hardware right button.