Huawei E3531 does not automatically switches to the modem
So there usb modem Huawei 3531 and the operating system does not see the modem, maybe because of what USB-modeswitch not automatically connect your device as a modem. Please help supplement the report - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...h/+bug/1308895 - any useful information to solve this problem.
Re: Huawei E3531 does not automatically switches to the modem
follow the lines below to get E3531 working with Ubuntu 12.04.
1. connect E3531 to the Ubuntu 12.04 PC.
2. Check vid : pid of the modem using $lsusb . It should be 12d1:1506
3. Load the option drivers to ram using $modprobe -v option
4. register vid : pid of the modem to the option driver using $echo "12d1 1506" >/sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/option1/new_id
5. check if ttyUSB device is detected for the modem or not using $dmesg | tail
6. Configure your "Mobile Broadband" in "Network Connections" on the right top corner of the Ubuntu 12.04. Set dial no,apn , user, pass ....
also enable mobile broadband.
It should be working all ok with this setting.
Last edited by JALINDAR; May 20th, 2014 at 06:00 AM.
Tags for this Thread