Thread: apt-get: Wine Installation

Beans

apt-get: Wine Installation

Earlier today before school I was attempting to install Wine through the Ubuntu Software Center. The installation was completely stalled because it was waiting for some apt-get to exit. Not 100% sure why apt-get is open, nor am I positive how to close it, but I apparently need it closed in order to install Wine.

Anyone know why apt-get is restricting my installation?

Beans

Re: apt-get: Wine Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Novus Anima View Post
    Earlier today before school I was attempting to install Wine through the Ubuntu Software Center. The installation was completely stalled because it was waiting for some apt-get to exit. Not 100% sure why apt-get is open, nor am I positive how to close it, but I apparently need it closed in order to install Wine.

Anyone know why apt-get is restricting my installation?
    What I would do is reboot, and try installing Wine from the PPA instead. Maybe try installing PlayOnLinux from the PPA too. You can find those here:

http://debianhelp.wordpress.com/2011...neiric-ocelot/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I have had synaptic open and tried running and apt-get and it would not work as you cannot have two applications doing the same at the same time. There is a lock file somewhere but I do not know where.

Did you have another application open like synaptic or something that would lock installer.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oldfred View Post
    I have had synaptic open and tried running and apt-get and it would not work as you cannot have two applications doing the same at the same time. There is a lock file somewhere but I do not know where.

Did you have another application open like synaptic or something that would lock installer.
    It could also be that they have automatic updates enabled.