Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Install Tor

Beans

Re: Install Tor

Quote Originally Posted by zombifier25 View Post
    techsupport: As far as I know, you're bashing the Tor network without any proof at all.
    Yeah, Tor is unsafe, nothing is safe, including VPNs. Yet the Silk Road website is still up and running. And don't even mention the Hidden Wiki. If Tor is not anonymous, the feds would have booked thousand of drug users and pedobears now.
    (I know these two are bad uses of Tor, really, really BAD uses of Tor, but I just want to point that out)
    You want me to provide you proof that they have monitors at the ends of those anonymous Tor servers worldwide to intercept the IPs of users using TOR for illegal activity? Are you kidding me? This is a new user forum to help people use Ubuntu. Get it? I'm telling you what I was told by the blackhat/whitehat technicians I went to school with years and years ago. Their job now is exactly what I am telling you is happening, and I just can't get into that subject on a public forum. That's dumb. I'm not bashing. It's not personal, and I am just trying to help point new users in the right direction. If you want to be truly anonyous, TOR isn't the way to do it. That's all. Period. If you use TOR expect to be monitored at the other ends of where those TOR anonymous servers are connected - around the clock. Yes, it wasn't like that years and years ago, but trust me, it is now.

Cheers

Last edited by techsupport; April 25th, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

Beans

Thanks techsupport, my idea was surf under tor and vpn together under ubuntu, but now... I really don know what is better for surf anonymous on internet, what do you suggest???

I really will appreciate some advice cos maybe Iḿ going in the wrong direction.

Cheers!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gurrunaki View Post
    Thanks techsupport, my idea was surf under tor and vpn together under ubuntu, but now... I really don know what is better for surf anonymous on internet, what do you suggest???

I really will appreciate some advice cos maybe Iḿ going in the wrong direction.

Cheers!!!
    I think you need to find a better forum, not a public forum for what you want to do.

That's crazy.

Beans

I catch it, but anyway, even like that, I still a bit lost if you can be kind, pls feel free give me some clue here or by PM, really, really will be much appreciate and a big help, if you understand what I mean...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gurrunaki View Post
    I catch it, but anyway, even like that, I still a bit lost if you can be kind, pls feel free give me some clue here or by PM, really, really will be much appreciate and a big help, if you understand what I mean...
    No, this is a public forum for new Ubuntu users. You are in the wrong place dude.

Keep it up and you will be flagged. Careful.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 17.04 Zesty Zapus

@gurrunaki - why don't you just ignore the troll and go ahead and do what you originally intended to do, which is to use Tor in the same way that millions of other people are happily doing without any problem.

Beans

Yeap!!! I completely understand, but understand my try I will search in other places and I hope will be trusted the advices I can get get from there.
    I will close this thread cos like I see, I think Iḿ not much interested in Tor anymore.

Thousands of thanks to all of you that was trying help with it.

BTW I will find how to mark like solved and I will do, I need check it, Iḿ newbie here!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jim_deadlock View Post
    @gurrunaki - why don't you just ignore the troll and go ahead and do what you originally intended to do, which is to use Tor in the same way that millions of other people are happily doing without any problem.
    a.) I'm not a troll.

b.) I'm a cert technician 15 years now.

c.) if you want to hang around in a new user forum not intended for this kind of help, you probably aren't going to find it. Actually, you will probably get nailed.

But don't listen to me. Listen to the guy with the KISS acid trip avatar to tell you everything is cool. Riiiight.

TOR is obsolete today. Find out the hard way if you wish. Fine by me.

Last edited by techsupport; April 25th, 2012 at 07:21 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have 15yrs employed tech exp also, and that guy up there is fullovit. Tor is good, it works. Notice how he didn't offer you an alternate solution at all? The issue you mentioned with tor browser is due to the deprecated tor package being installed. Remove it and your issue will likely disappear.

By using an anonymous network you are not breaking any laws and that guy is assuming a LOT by saying you WILL be flagged.
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Closed.

Everyone take a deep breath, and review the forum's CoC: http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234