Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acer Aspire One microphones don't work after suspension, after being on battery power

Beans

Acer Aspire One microphones don't work after suspension, after being on battery power

Hello all! I've been an *ubuntu fan for a while, and I just got a new laptop (Acer Aspire One) on which I am running Lubuntu 11.10.

The only problem is the microphone inputs (which is a big problem since my computer is my telephone). I don't think I've gotten the analog line-in to work at all. The built-in mic is functional but cantankerous: It will work, until the computer is unplugged, at which point it only registers a hiss when I test it with arecord/aplay. Function does not return when it is plugged back in; it requires a reboot or two to get the it working again. Suspending the computer causes a similar loss of function. Additionally, running Pavucontrol often seems to crash the microphone.

I've googled around and not seen any issues quite like mine - I've done a bit of mucking around with alsa and its config file, but don't really know what I'm doing and haven't had any success.

If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it - my friends are getting annoyed both with me and with linux because I keep calling them, not realizing that the mic is dead. At least one has suggested that I return to whinedoze

Thanks for reading! <3

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: Acer Aspire One microphones don't work after suspension, after being on battery p

i feel your pain

Beans

Re: Acer Aspire One microphones don't work after suspension, after being on battery p

You have a similar issue, or just general solidarity?

Beans

bump?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i have an audio driver that should work with a normal microphone, but refuses to do so

Beans

further testing reveals that it is not being unplugged per se which causes the issue, but being started unplugged, or woken from suspension unplugged.

HALP

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hey, I happen to have an Acer Aspire One, too. I have a D250.

I'm going to try and set some time aside, later on tonight to try and replicate this. Either way, have you looked to see if someone else reported that bug, or have you reported it yourself? You might want to check out this help.ubuntu search page.

Some resources:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOneDiscussion

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'm using the default for Lubuntu 11.10 (PulseAudio), but since 12.04 comes out tomorrow, and I plan to do a fresh install soon, I went ahead and...

Have you tried changing Auto-Mute Mode from enabled to disabled? I don't know if that will help you*, or if you've already done that, it's just something that I thought of.

*EDIT: It probably won't help ( http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Docum...ontrols.txt#12 ), but it's still worth a shot.
    Last edited by decktrio; April 26th, 2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: link, new info

Beans

I'll look through this; thanks

Beans

I tried this and it just seemed to kill my sound completely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast