Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: evolution trash doesn't empty

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

evolution trash doesn't empty

I saw that a similar issue has already be discussed in the past, but the solutions are not applicabile: I think the dir sturucture is changed yo to my 11.10.

It is said to delete files in .evolution/mail/local/ but I have .config/evolution/... and in .config/evolution/mail/ there isn't a /local/ folder.

I haven't noticed that in the past month up to yesterday, because evolution does not complain. I checked just because I was stating a back-up.

Please give me a hint.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro

Re: evolution trash doesn't empty

I did some other investigation. I launched evolution from the command line to see what its errors were.

When I say to empty the trash folder it asks for the POP password of my main mail account; systematically, isn't it bizzare: what does it matter?

Code:
    (evolution:5495): camel-WARNING **: CamelVeeStore::get_trash_folder_sync() reported failure without setting its GError

(evolution:5495): camel-WARNING **: CamelPOP3Folder::refresh_info_sync() reported failure without setting its GError

(evolution:5495): camel-WARNING **: CamelPOP3Store::get_folder_sync() reported failure without setting its GError

(evolution:5495): camel-WARNING **: CamelPOP3Store::get_inbox_folder_sync() reported failure without setting its GError

Beans
    Distro

Following the suggestion in an another thread but for another ubuntu version I did
    Code:
    find ./.config/evolution/ -name "*Trash*" -print -exec rm {} \
    and
    Code:
    rm .local/share/evolution/mail/local/..#evolution.Trash.cmeta
    But still the trash bin is full of all the 2011 deleted mails in january and of all the subsequents of the 2012 (2610 mails!). (And it not wants to empty.)
    Last edited by mune; April 23rd, 2012 at 01:19 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

There is a check box in the Evolution prefernces on the "general" tab that you can select to tell it to empty the trash every time you close Evolution, or once a week, once a month etc. Select that and see if that solves your issue.
    Michael

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomick View Post
    There is a check box in the Evolution prefernces on the "general" tab that you can select to tell it to empty the trash every ...
    I will use it but now I want to get rid of the two thousands mails that are in trashcan.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I reckon that if you set a tick on the box there, if the mails are all in the Evolution trash rather than the system trash, the should be removed next time you shut down, or at whatever point in time it is set to empty.
    Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

mune: Please post the output of the following two commands:
    Code:
    evolution --version
    Code:
    locate folders.db

Beans
    Distro

Thank for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Zill View Post
    mune: Please post the output of the following two commands:
    Code:
    evolution --version
    My evolution (ubuntu 11.10) complains
    Code:
    evolution --version
    Opzione --version sconosciuta
    (unrecognized option), but in the GUI in the about window evolution states it is ver. 3.2.2 .

Code:
    locate folders.db
    I have a lot of mail folders:
    Code:
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/1183020266.7575.20@lello/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/1183021690.7575.22@lello/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/1183023164.7575.24@lello/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/1183023447.7575.25@lello/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/1184160185.6882.0@lello/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/1184160371.6882.1@lello/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/1197233448.24968.0@lello/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/1251801972.24909.1@lello/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/1294104592.4419.2@lello/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/emae-check-authtype-0x7f0465a0ec80/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/emae-check-authtype-0x7f7489bc8cd0/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/emae-check-authtype-0x7fbb4419ccb0/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/emae-check-authtype-0x7fbb4419d050/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/local_mbox/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>pop.postecert.it/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@mail.postecert.it:995/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@mail.postecert.it/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@pec.postecert.it:995/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@pop.postecert.it:995/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@relay.poste,it/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@relay.poste.it/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@relay.postecert.it/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@relay.postecert.it:995/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@mail.postecert.it:995/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>relay.postecert.it:995/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>èpstecert.ir@relay.postecert.it/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>:25/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@deskve.dnsalias.org/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@popmail@email.it/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/spool/var/spool/mail/mune/folders.db
    /home/fmune/.local/share/evolution/mail/vfolder/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/local/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>pop.postecert.it/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@mail.postecert.it:995/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@mail.postecert.it/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@mail.postecert.it:995/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@pec.postecert.it:995/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@pop.postecert.it:995/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@relay.poste,it/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@relay.poste.it/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@relay.postecert.it/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@relay.postecert.it:995/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>relay.postecert.it:995/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@relay.postecert.it/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/fmune@pop.tiscali.it/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>:25/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@deskve.dnsalias.org/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@pop.gmail.com/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@popmail.email.it/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/pop/<OMITTED_email_address>@popmail@email.it/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/spool/var/spool/mail/mune/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/.evolution/mail/vfolder/folders.db
    /home/mune.old/Scrivania/bruno/evolution/mail/local/folders.db
    [...]
    There /home/fmune and /home/mune -now, /home/mune.old- because when in january I reinstalled the system from scratch there was already a folder named "mune" in the home partition, so, being afraid that the installation was going to overwrite the home dir -or use it-, I named the new one as "fmune".

As you can see I made a lot of mail addresses too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

mune: Thanks for the info. Please now post the output from the following command:
    Code:
    ls -l ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/

Beans
    Distro

Here it is:
    Code:
    fmune@lello:~$ ls -l ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/
    totale 15484
    drwx------ 2 fmune fmune   466944 2012-04-24 17:14 cur
    -rw-r--r-- 1 fmune fmune 15370240 2012-04-24 17:14 folders.db