Thread: LibreOffice shows non existing fonts

Beans

Exclamation LibreOffice shows non existing fonts

Hi,

I uninstalled the Microsoft Fonts, and the LibreOffice shows some of this fonts (Arial, Times New Roman) in the documents edited. I changed the default font of LibreOffice and of the this documents to Liberation Sans but, when I close e open the document, the name o MS font show again.

I rebuild the cache and reboot but didn't work
    Code:
    sudo fc-cache -f -v
    Ubuntu 12.10 x86

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: LibreOffice shows non existing fonts

Quote Originally Posted by ubunet View Post
    I uninstalled the Microsoft Fonts,
    How did you uninstall? By uninstalling the ttf-mscorefonts-installer package or by deleting the actual font files themselves? If you only uninstalled the ttf-mscorefonts-installer package the fonts will still be there. The package is simply an installer which downloads the fonts at installation time.

Have a look in /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts. If you have a number of ttf files in there (probably 60), they need to be deleted after which you would need to run fc-cache again.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

The folder /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts does not exists.

EDIT:

The command line below remove the installer and directory with fonts:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge ttf-mscorefonts-installer
    However, if I open a new document, I didn't see the MS fonts. Only in edited documents.
    Last edited by ubunet; February 14th, 2013 at 01:31 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Sometimes fonts are stored in the document so that it can be read even if you send it to someone who doesn't have your font. Perhaps that is what you are seeing.
    Life's a pitch. And then you sing!