Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rigs of Rods not installing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Rigs of Rods not installing

okay.. so what should i do? delete all my RoR trunk, dep, etc. folders and start again?
    will that get rid of whatever flawed libs i have compiled?
    or do in need to hunt around in some other spot like usr/lib/ or something to get them all?
    thanks
    Intel Pentium 4 Asus P5N32-SLI DELUXE Nvidia nx7900GT 3GB Ram Western Digital WD2500AAKX 250GB Seagate Barracuda 80GB, 160GB Ubuntu 12.04 Arch

Beans
    Distro

well i fresh-installed 12.04, so that got rid of anything that i don't want.
    so i'm going to try compiling fresh.
    i did go to 64bit though, will that cause problems?
    i found some older stuff, might help, probably won't,
    apt.rigsofrods.com/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/
    and
    http://www.rigsofrods.com/repository/view/401
    Intel Pentium 4 Asus P5N32-SLI DELUXE Nvidia nx7900GT 3GB Ram Western Digital WD2500AAKX 250GB Seagate Barracuda 80GB, 160GB Ubuntu 12.04 Arch

Beans
    Distro

all was going smoothly until i get to MyGui (the first one i have to compile)

Code:
     user@Ubuntu01:~/ror-deps/my-gui$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release -DMYGUI_BUILD_SAMPLES:BOOL=OFF -DMYGUI_INSTALL_SAMPLES:BOOL=OFF -DMYGUI_BUILD_TOOLS:BOOL=OFF -DMYGUI_BUILD_PLUGINS:BOOL=OFF .
    -- The C compiler identification is GNU
    -- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
    -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
    -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
    -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
    -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
    CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found.   Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
    -- Configuring MYGUI 3.2.0
    -- Check if the system is big endian
    -- Searching 16 bit integer
    -- Looking for sys/types.h
    -- Looking for sys/types.h - found
    -- Looking for stdint.h
    -- Looking for stdint.h - found
    -- Looking for stddef.h
    -- Looking for stddef.h - found
    -- Check size of unsigned short
    -- Check size of unsigned short - done
    -- Using unsigned short
    -- Check if the system is big endian - little endian
    -- Looking for FREETYPE...
    -- checking for module 'freetype2'
    --   package 'freetype2' not found
    -- CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH: Dependencies;/home/user/ror-deps/my-gui/Dependencies;/home/user/ror-deps/my-gui/Dependencies;/home/user/ror-deps/my-gui/../Dependencies;/home/user/ror-deps/my-gui/../Dependencies;/usr/local
    -- Could not locate FREETYPE
    -- checking for one of the modules 'OGRE'
    -- Looking for OIS...
    -- OIS_PREFIX_PATH changed.
    -- checking for module 'OIS'
    --   package 'OIS' not found
    -- Could not locate OIS
    -- Could NOT find Doxygen (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE) 
    CMake Error at CMake/Utils/MacroLogFeature.cmake:91 (MESSAGE):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- The following REQUIRED packages could NOT be located on your system.

-- Please install them before continuing this software installation.

-- If you are in Windows, try passing -DMYGUI_DEPENDENCIES_DIR=<path to
      dependencies>

-- Also check that you buildind with RenderSystem that you need or set
      another with -DMYGUI_RENDERSYSTEM=<1 2 or 3 for Direct3D_9 OGRE or OpenGL>

+ freetype: Portable font engine <http://www.freetype.org>

+ ogre: Support for the Ogre render system <>

Call Stack (most recent call first):
      CMake/Dependencies.cmake:108 (MACRO_DISPLAY_FEATURE_LOG)
      CMakeLists.txt:232 (include)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
    the thing is, i did sudo apt-get install libogremain1.7-1.7.2 before doing this, so ogre should be there, and it says freetype is installed in the software center..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

When compiling stuff you must install the "-dev" package of that thing you need.

So for freetype you would need:

libfreetype6-dev
    For OIS you would need:

libois-dev
    So install as much as possible from the Software Center. Then just custom compile the 4 required things I mentioned before. In order to custom compile those you may need these things from the Software Center. Just install them as required.
    Projects - PhotoFlare Image Editor | Xwii | URT-2D | BHR
    Hardware - System 76 - Galago UltraPro

Beans
    Distro

thanks. installed the -dev packages, but now something seems to be wrong with cmake:

Code:
    user@Ubuntu01:~/ror-deps/my-gui$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release -DMYGUI_BUILD_SAMPLES:BOOL=OFF -DMYGUI_INSTALL_SAMPLES:BOOL=OFF -DMYGUI_BUILD_TOOLS:BOOL=OFF -DMYGUI_BUILD_PLUGINS:BOOL=OFF .
    -- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
    CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found.   Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
    -- checking for module 'freetype2'
    --   found freetype2, version 14.0.8
    -- CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH: Dependencies;/home/user/ror-deps/my-gui/Dependencies;/home/user/ror-deps/my-gui/Dependencies;/home/user/ror-deps/my-gui/../Dependencies;/home/user/ror-deps/my-gui/../Dependencies;/usr/local
    -- Found FREETYPE: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfreetype.so
    -- checking for one of the modules 'OGRE'
    --   libraries : OgreMain;pthread from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
    --   includes  : /usr/include/OGRE
    -- Looking for OIS...
    -- checking for module 'OIS'
    --   found OIS, version 1.3.0
    -- Found OIS: /usr/lib/libOIS.so
    -- 
    -- The following external packages were located on your system.
    -- This installation will have the extra features provided by these packages.
    + freetype
    + ogre
    + OIS
    -- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
    -- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
    + Doxygen: Tool for building API documentation <http://doxygen.org>

-- /home/user/ror-deps/my-guiProjectRevision
    -- Using svn revision 4344.
    -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
    user@Ubuntu01:~/ror-deps/my-gui$ make -j2
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
    user@Ubuntu01:~/ror-deps/my-gui$ sudo make install
    [sudo] password for user: 
    user@Ubuntu01:~/ror-deps/my-gui$

Beans
    Distro

Cmake is simply telling you that a CXX compiler was not found. CXX actually stands for C++ the programming language.

To fix this install: g++ and try to compile again!

Beans
    Distro

Thanks! now something else went wrong.. missing files?

Code:
    -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
    -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
    -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
    -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
    -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
    -- Performing Test MYGUI_GCC_VISIBILITY
    -- Performing Test MYGUI_GCC_VISIBILITY - Success
    -- Detected g++ 4.6

-- Enabling GCC visibility flags
    -- Found FREETYPE: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfreetype.so
    -- Looking for OIS...
    -- Found OIS: /usr/lib/libOIS.so
    -- 
    -- The following external packages were located on your system.
    -- This installation will have the extra features provided by these packages.
    + freetype
    + ogre
    + OIS
    -- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
    -- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
    + Doxygen: Tool for building API documentation <http://doxygen.org>

-- /home/user/ror-deps/my-guiProjectRevision
    -- Using svn revision 4344.
    -- Configuring done
    -- Generating done
    CMake Warning:
      Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

MYGUI_BUILD_SAMPLES

-- Build files have been written to: /home/user/ror-deps/my-gui
    user@Ubuntu01:~/ror-deps/my-gui$ make -j2
    Scanning dependencies of target MyGUIEngine
    [  1%] [  1%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_Button.cpp.o
    Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_Canvas.cpp.o
    [  2%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ComboBox.cpp.o
    [  3%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_DDContainer.cpp.o
    [  4%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_EditBox.cpp.o
    [  4%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ImageBox.cpp.o
    [  5%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ItemBox.cpp.o
    [  6%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ListBox.cpp.o
    [  6%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_MenuBar.cpp.o
    [  7%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_MenuControl.cpp.o
    [  8%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_MenuItem.cpp.o
    [  9%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_MultiListBox.cpp.o
    [  9%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_PopupMenu.cpp.o
    [ 10%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ProgressBar.cpp.o
    [ 11%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ScrollBar.cpp.o
    [ 12%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ScrollView.cpp.o
    [ 12%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_TextBox.cpp.o
    [ 13%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_TabControl.cpp.o
    [ 14%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_TabItem.cpp.o
    [ 14%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_MultiListItem.cpp.o
    [ 15%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_Widget.cpp.o
    [ 16%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_Window.cpp.o
    [ 17%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_EditText.cpp.o
    [ 17%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_MainSkin.cpp.o
    [ 18%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_PolygonalSkin.cpp.o
    [ 19%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_RotatingSkin.cpp.o
    [ 20%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_SimpleText.cpp.o
    [ 20%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_SubSkin.cpp.o
    [ 21%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_TileRect.cpp.o
    [ 22%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_LayerItem.cpp.o
    [ 23%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_LayerNode.cpp.o
    [ 23%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_OverlappedLayer.cpp.o
    [ 24%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_RenderItem.cpp.o
    [ 25%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_SharedLayer.cpp.o
    [ 25%] [ 26%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_SharedLayerNode.cpp.o
    Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_SkinItem.cpp.o
    [ 27%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ActionController.cpp.o
    [ 28%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ControllerEdgeHide.cpp.o
    [ 28%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ControllerFadeAlpha.cpp.o
    [ 29%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ControllerPosition.cpp.o
    [ 30%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_BackwardCompatibility.cpp.o
    [ 31%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_Exception.cpp.o
    [ 31%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_Precompiled.cpp.o
    [ 32%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_BiIndexBase.cpp.o
    [ 33%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ScrollViewBase.cpp.o
    [ 33%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_WidgetInput.cpp.o
    [ 34%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_WidgetUserData.cpp.o
    [ 35%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ResourceImageSet.cpp.o
    [ 36%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ResourceImageSetPointer.cpp.o
    [ 36%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ResourceLayout.cpp.o
    [ 37%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ResourceManualFont.cpp.o
    [ 38%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ResourceManualPointer.cpp.o
    [ 39%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ResourceSkin.cpp.o
    [ 39%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ResourceTrueTypeFont.cpp.o
    [ 40%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ChildSkinInfo.cpp.o
    [ 41%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_MaskPickInfo.cpp.o
    [ 41%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_SubWidgetBinding.cpp.o
    [ 42%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_Any.cpp.o
    [ 43%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_Colour.cpp.o
    [ 44%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ClipboardManager.cpp.o
    [ 44%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ControllerManager.cpp.o
    [ 45%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_DataManager.cpp.o
    [ 46%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_DynLibManager.cpp.o
    [ 47%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_FactoryManager.cpp.o
    [ 47%] [ 48%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_FontManager.cpp.o
    Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_Gui.cpp.o
    [ 49%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_InputManager.cpp.o
    [ 50%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_LanguageManager.cpp.o
    [ 50%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_LayerManager.cpp.o
    [ 51%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_LayoutManager.cpp.o
    [ 52%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_PluginManager.cpp.o
    [ 52%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_PointerManager.cpp.o
    [ 53%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_RenderManager.cpp.o
    [ 54%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ResourceManager.cpp.o
    [ 55%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_SkinManager.cpp.o
    [ 55%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_SubWidgetManager.cpp.o
    [ 56%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ToolTipManager.cpp.o
    [ 57%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_WidgetManager.cpp.o
    [ 58%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_Constants.cpp.o
    [ 58%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_DataFileStream.cpp.o
    [ 59%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_DataStream.cpp.o
    [ 60%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_DynLib.cpp.o
    [ 60%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_GeometryUtility.cpp.o
    [ 61%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_TextIterator.cpp.o
    [ 62%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_TextureUtility.cpp.o
    [ 63%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_TextView.cpp.o
    [ 63%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_Timer.cpp.o
    [ 64%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_UString.cpp.o
    [ 65%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_XmlDocument.cpp.o
    [ 66%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_ConsoleLogListener.cpp.o
    [ 66%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_FileLogListener.cpp.o
    [ 67%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_LevelLogFilter.cpp.o
    [ 68%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_LogManager.cpp.o
    [ 69%] Building CXX object MyGUIEngine/CMakeFiles/MyGUIEngine.dir/src/MyGUI_LogSource.cpp.o
    Linking CXX shared library ../lib/libMyGUIEngine.so
    [ 69%] Built target MyGUIEngine
    Scanning dependencies of target MyGUI.OgrePlatform
    [ 69%] [ 70%] Building CXX object Platforms/Ogre/OgrePlatform/CMakeFiles/MyGUI.OgrePlatform.dir/src/MyGUI_OgreDataManager.cpp.o
    Building CXX object Platforms/Ogre/OgrePlatform/CMakeFiles/MyGUI.OgrePlatform.dir/src/MyGUI_OgreDataStream.cpp.o
    In file included from /home/user/ror-deps/my-gui/Platforms/Ogre/OgrePlatform/src/MyGUI_OgreDataManager.cpp:9:0:
    /home/user/ror-deps/my-gui/Platforms/Ogre/OgrePlatform/include/MyGUI_OgreDataStream.h:13:28: fatal error: OgreDataStream.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    In file included from /home/user/ror-deps/my-gui/Platforms/Ogre/OgrePlatform/src/MyGUI_OgreDataStream.cpp:7:0:
    /home/user/ror-deps/my-gui/Platforms/Ogre/OgrePlatform/include/MyGUI_OgreDataStream.h:13:28: fatal error: OgreDataStream.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [Platforms/Ogre/OgrePlatform/CMakeFiles/MyGUI.OgrePlatform.dir/src/MyGUI_OgreDataManager.cpp.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    make[2]: *** [Platforms/Ogre/OgrePlatform/CMakeFiles/MyGUI.OgrePlatform.dir/src/MyGUI_OgreDataStream.cpp.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [Platforms/Ogre/OgrePlatform/CMakeFiles/MyGUI.OgrePlatform.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Beans
    Distro

Well it failed when it got to the ogre stuff.

Do you have "libogre-dev" installed?

Beans
    Distro

Yes, it say it's installed in the software center.
    i think there was some error while i was installing it though.. (i don't think it was related, something about Java not installing because it couldn't connect, but I'll try reinstalling anyway just in case that messed something up with ogre)

EDIT:
    yes, it worked, (i also deleted the "my-gui" directory and re-fetched it)
    onto the next thing!

EDIT 2:
    successfully compiled paged geometry! there were a few warnings about "set but unused variables" though.. what does that mean?

EDIT 3:
    successfully compiled Caelum! some more warnings though "set but unused variables" also the instructions on the wiki say to copy /usr/local/lib/libCaelum.so to /usr/local/lib/OGRE/, but there is no "OGRE" directory there, probably because i installed with "sudo apt-get install libogre-dev" is there some other place i have to copy it?

EDIT 4:
    how did you install MysocketW? i can't find it in the software center
    Last edited by gandalf3; September 12th, 2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: yep

Beans
    Distro

Thats some nice progress! An unused variable is just a variable not being used in the code anywhere. Think of it like an apple in your lunchbox that you didn't eat! (it doesn't matter)

For mysocketW you need to install:

libssl-dev
    Its in the software center!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast