Thread: Flash player issues

Beans

Flash player issues

Arggh, Yesterday I was watching YouTube videos on my 11.10 machine, every thing was great. Today I went to check out the weather radar for my area, FF told me I needed to add a plugin (flash). I did so and now I can't watch YouTube (or any)videos, black screen. So I come over here to the forum to see what I can do to fix the problem. I install flash-aid, it doesn't work, I uninstall it then get Flash video replacer, installs fine. but when I go to watch a video, I get an error "Fvr was unable to replace the video due to the lack of a compatible plugin for audio detect"
    Now what do I do, I just remembered I installed Minitube earlier today it didn't even load up.

I uninstalled flash and installed Gnash it is working now...for the moment.
    Last edited by earthshakergb; April 15th, 2012 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Well it works now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Flash player issues

Quote Originally Posted by earthshakergb View Post
    Arggh, Yesterday I was watching YouTube videos on my 11.10 machine, every thing was great. Today I went to check out the weather radar for my area, FF told me I needed to add a plugin (flash).
    I cannot recall such a thing occurring. It actually looks like Flash got deleted.
    Acer Aspire M5630: 1 GB Kingston PC6400 DDR2 SDRAM dual channel (2x512 MB), Core 2 Duo E2180 (2.0 Ghz), Intel i915

Beans

Re: Flash player issues

Well Gnash works at 50% screen width, on you tube, no way to make it bigger, to fill the place holder I have found so far. So for now I will deal with it, and if I really want to watch a video I will fire up MiniTube, which works again.