Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Easycap - Somagic - Linux Drivers

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Easycap - Somagic - Linux Drivers

vlc has a recording function (you may need to tick a box to get it to show up on the interface) so try this first, otherwise you can try calamari's x264 recording script on the google group pages or something like this with ffmpeg/mplayer:
    Code:
    somagic-capture --ntsc-4.43-50 --sync=1 --iso-transfers 20 -B 149 -C 72 --luminance 2 --lum-aperture 3 | ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pix_fmt uyvy422 -vtag 2vuy -s 720x480 -y -an -r ntsc -i - -f alsa -i hw:0,0 -aspect 1.77 -b:v 2200k output.avi
    (You may need to change some settings, especially the ntsc-4.43-50)
    No longer participating......

Beans

I don't know what happened. A couple days ago your command using somagic-capture and piping that to ffmpeg worked fine. Now its like somagic isn't sending the data to ffmpeg. ffmpeg starts fine, but it doesn't record any frames, it just stays on 0 fps.

( I should mention, ffmpeg says pix_fmt uyvy422 isn't compatible with mpeg4, so it changed it to yuv420p.)

however, I can just use ffmpeg
    Code:
    ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pix_fmt uyvy422 -vtag 2vuy -s 720x480 -y -an  -r ntsc -i /dev/video1 -f alsa -i hw:0,0 -aspect 1.77 -b:v 2200k  output.avi
    note the /dev/video1.
    This comes in color, however I get that darn "Alsa buffer xrun", and the output isn't synced and skips a bit. I tried changing the -b:v from 500k - 3000k and nothing helped (kept getting alsa buffer xrun, AND output isn't synced).

I think I was getting it synced right with the black and white using somagic-capture. somagic capture , when NOT piped to ffmpeg(just by itself) , now gives me "Claim Failed with error -6" Don't know what that's about. anybody know how to get somagic-capture working again? Oh and I can't rmmod somagic.ko. There is always some process using it. I could rmmod -f but I'd like to do it safely.

Beans

oh, and vlc says "Streaming/Transcoding failed, cannot open encoder", no matter what I try. Again, I'm using Opensuse 12.1, kernel 3.1.10-1.9-desktop

just so other people with better luck than me:
    to record, instead of hitting play in the "open capture device" dialog, you hit the arrow next to it and go down to "convert" and then it opens up another dialog where you put all your settings and filename.
    Last edited by cw9000; May 12th, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

Beans

well, I ended up just taking the easycap out and plugging it back in. This allowed me to rmmod somagic. And then somagic-capture worked again. So now I have it working with
    Code:
    somagic-capture --ntsc --sync=1 --iso-transfers 20 | ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p -vtag 2vuy -s 720x480 -y -an -r ntsc -i - -f alsa -i hw:0,0 -b:v 2200k output.avi
    I didn't care for the brightness and contrast change. and I'm using ntsc (60hz) rather than the 50hz since most things I have used in the past say 29.97 fps.

so, I don't really know what changed, but its working now, thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Yay!!

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Easycap - Somagic - Linux Drivers

Hello, I have a dongle (USB) to watch analog TV called EasyTV Analog. It is identified in GNU/Linux as:

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 1c88:0035 Somagic, Inc.

More information about it on the link below:

Hungary: http://logout.hu/bejegyzes/azbest/ea.../hsz_1-50.html

English: http://translate.google.com/translat...Fhsz_1-50.html

Portuguese: http://translate.google.com/translat...Fhsz_1-50.html

And I would love to be able to use it in Ubuntu, so I wanted to know if you of easycap-somagic-linux also develop a driver for it...

Note:

Drivers for Windows XP 32-bit, Vista 32-bit, Vista 64-bit, Seven 32-bit, Seven 64-bit: http://www.4shared.com/zip/doWe5zkj/AstUsbAtvFM35.html (astusbatvfm35.cat, AstUsbAtvFM35.inf, AstUsbAtvFM35.sys, devcon.exe) [Does not work with ndiswrapper -l | astusbatvfm35 : invalid driver!]

Tunner:

Decoder:

Sorry for my bad English... I am Brazilian!

Regards,
    Igor Isaias Banlian
    Last edited by Igor Isaias Banlian; May 16th, 2012 at 07:39 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

@ Igor

Not seen anything on the easycap-somagic google groups about the easytv dongle, sorry. Might be better to start a new thread for this one.

Beans

I also have an easycap002 device that installs the driver SmiUsbGrabber3F.sys and not 3E as expected. I noticed another user also had this issue with his DC60 device. I'm wondering if this new 3F variant is just a combination of both drivers into one file, and the extractor needs updated.

In the meantime, could someone send me the driver for the 002? it is unavailable using a google search.

Beans
    Hidden!

@ pepsimachine, is yours the one with multiple video inputs?

Beans

yes, it is the "002" device with 4 cvbs inputs and 1 audio.

I also posted a message to the google code project for this device but my account is still waiting approval. i'm hoping they will be able to update the extraction program for the new driver file.
    Last edited by pepsimachine15; May 17th, 2012 at 08:13 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast