Thread: Easycap - Somagic - Linux Drivers

Beans

Re: Easycap - Somagic - Linux Drivers

I have no idea what I've done but now i get as far as

Code:
    MPlayer svn r34540 (Ubuntu), built with gcc-4.7 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
    mplayer: could not connect to socket
    mplayer: No such file or directory
    Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing -.
    Reading from stdin...
    And there it stops. it does not conitune from there on. But when i hit ctrl+c it prints this

Code:
    MPLayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: demux_open
    rawvideo file format detected.
    Load subtitles in ./
    Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1
    Opening video filter: [screenshot]
    Opening video filter: [yadif]
    ==========================================================================
    Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
    Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
    Opening video filter: [scale]
    Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
    [swscaler @ 0xa446d80] using unscaled uyvy422 -> yuv420p special converter
    VO: [xv] 720x576 => 768x576 Planar YV12 
    Selected video codec: [rawuyvy] vfm: raw (RAW UYVY)
    ==========================================================================
    Audio: no sound
    Starting playback...
    V:    0.0    0/    0 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0

Exiting... (Quit)

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Cool Re: Easycap - Somagic - Linux Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by warzo View Post
    I have no idea what I've done...

[code]MPlayer svn r34540 (Ubuntu), built with gcc-4.7 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
    It looks like you've upgraded something as "built with gcc-4.6" is now 4.7.

Have you got a working camera connected to input #2? (You won't see a video display window if camera is connected to input #1).

Beans

Sorry, typo, it was gcc-4.6. I do not type in this forum with the same computer as the one i do my testing on.

I have had a camera connected to input 1, but i connected it to input 2 now (counting the input from 1-4). But still the same thing.

When I hit ctrl+c i can see a windows pop up real quickly but it disapear right away.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Smile Re: Easycap - Somagic - Linux Drivers

...and there it stops. it does not conitune from there on. But when i hit ctrl+c it prints this...
    It looks like its waiting for a signal from your camera. I don't have any intelligent suggestions, just a few diagnostic tips (which you may have already tried).

If a test with one config does not work, unplug then reconnect the EasyCap, change whatever (maybe plug camera into a different input) then do the "somagic-init, ususb, somagic-capture" sequence again. I don't know why, but when things don't work you seem to need to start again with this software.

If you haven't already done this, I would connect the EasyCap + camera to an MS Windows computer and test with the "SuperViewer" supplied with the device disk, it looks like this:-
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nhRKnbKRQ7...omagicWin7.jpg

This will establish that the hardware is working, and you can also confirm that the inputs are labelled correctly (e.g. input "2" is really input "2").

Upgrading you computer from 12.04 to 12.10 may be undesirable, but if you have a spare USB memory stick you could try booting with 12.10 from the stick, installing Somagic software, and testing with this. That may eliminate the difference in mplayer build between your system and mine. If fact, if I get some time next week I may create a 12.04 USB and check it for myself.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDee View Post
    It looks like its waiting for a signal from your camera. I don't have any intelligent suggestions, just a few diagnostic tips (which you may have already tried).

If a test with one config does not work, unplug then reconnect the EasyCap, change whatever (maybe plug camera into a different input) then do the "somagic-init, ususb, somagic-capture" sequence again. I don't know why, but when things don't work you seem to need to start again with this software.

If you haven't already done this, I would connect the EasyCap + camera to an MS Windows computer and test with the "SuperViewer" supplied with the device disk, it looks like this:-
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nhRKnbKRQ7...omagicWin7.jpg

This will establish that the hardware is working, and you can also confirm that the inputs are labelled correctly (e.g. input "2" is really input "2").

Upgrading you computer from 12.04 to 12.10 may be undesirable, but if you have a spare USB memory stick you could try booting with 12.10 from the stick, installing Somagic software, and testing with this. That may eliminate the difference in mplayer build between your system and mine. If fact, if I get some time next week I may create a 12.04 USB and check it for myself.
    I've tried it in windows 7 with the supplyed software and it works, though i have only tested channel 1. I could try it on all four channels to see that they are correctly labled and working. I got two separate harddrives that i can swap because it is a computer only for testing this cameracaputer thing out, so i have a disk with windows and anotherone with ubuntu. (have a well equiped lab of my own here at home, with old computerparts )

What is that ususb, what does that do and when should that be done?

But I will put if off til tomorrow this testing, as i got other plans for tonight. Tanks for the help so far, i'll get back when i have more information to share.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Smile Re: Easycap - Somagic - Linux Drivers

...What is that ususb, what does that do and when should that be done?...
    Sorry, just a typo error. It should have been: lsusb {just to check that init worked}

Beans

I booted into windows 7 and tried each and every channel, and they all apear in the right order and they all work.

As for lsub i see "Buss 001 Device 002: ID 1c88:003f Somagic, Inc."

But this time when I booted into ubuntu i got it to open the mplayer windows. When the camera was connected to channel one it opened the mplayer but i was noi picture, when i pluged the camera into ch.2 the mplayer windows would not open (same as before), but when I pluged it into ch.3 i got picture.

I found that the easycap is /dev/bus/usb/001/004 (at this point). But still I dont have like /dev/video[0-3]. And I find no other devs to get the picture from. So I cant get the picture in to zoneminder for example.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345