Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112
Results 1,111 to 1,112 of 1112

Thread: Howto make USB boot drives

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Howto make USB boot drives

@oygle,

When that Probook is without a screen, but there is an external monitor, it is possible that Kubuntu 'thinks' that there is still an internal screen and sends options/functions/menus into cyberspace but none of that to the external monitor.

I'm thinking of my Dell Precision with nvidia graphics, that I connect to a TV. I have the options/functions/menus in the internal screen and can drag windows to the TV and make them fullscreen and enjoy (for example streamed movies or slideshows).

That is the default setting. I'm not sure if there is an option to send the same video to both screens or to only send video to the external screen (monitor). There might be options for that but not easy to identify without the internal screen.

Anyway, I would not blame Windows for it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Howto make USB boot drives

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    @oygle,

When that Probook is without a screen, but there is an external monitor, it is possible that Kubuntu 'thinks' that there is still an internal screen and sends options/functions/menus into cyberspace but none of that to the external monitor.
    Could be,

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    That is the default setting. I'm not sure if there is an option to send the same video to both screens or to only send video to the external screen (monitor). There might be options for that but not easy to identify without the internal screen.
    There are options in Kubuntu to "sync", etc, but I'm not able to get that far with it. Even when I read up on grub and dropped into the options at boot time and select "text graphics" or some option like that, it still went to the desktop view and just hung there.

It's all forced me to re-evaluate my "need" for Windows. Single boot has worked many times on that laptop, meaning fresh installs by using a usb. I'll steer clear of dual booting on that laptop. The no screen/external monitor may be compounding the issues. Have successfully done a VM on Kubuntu in the past with a WIN 8 running in the VM, so that looks like the only way to have Kubuntu and WIN 8.1

The BIOS 'secure erase' is running now, so _should_ have a clean/clear Kubuntu boot after that. Thanks for your help.

Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112