Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV stuttering on 0.25

Beans

Re: TV stuttering on 0.25

I managed to miss the replies to my post.

I personally managed to fix it my switching to the vdpau decoder. I previously was only using this for HD content and not SD.

The buffer shown under playback date is still very low but it seems to be just enough to keep playback smooth.

On a slightly different subject occasionally when watching (high bitrate) bluray content there is also an odd stutter, say once or two during a film so it's not a major issue. I think this is linked to the buffer as well. It's just a pity that the read ahead buffer can't be changed.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by utar View Post
    I managed to miss the replies to my post.

I personally managed to fix it my switching to the vdpau decoder. I previously was only using this for HD content and not SD.

...snip...
    I've switched to the "VDPAU High Quality" profile, too. For now, the problem is gone. I didn't see the 0.25 update was resetting the profiles to "default". I hope that finally fixes the issue.

"Unfortunately", today came an update as well, so I need to test whether the update fixed it or the switch of the profile. But I guess it was the profile.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Rotak View Post
    I've switched to the "VDPAU High Quality" profile, too. For now, the problem is gone. I didn't see the 0.25 update was resetting the profiles to "default". I hope that finally fixes the issue.

"Unfortunately", today came an update as well, so I need to test whether the update fixed it or the switch of the profile. But I guess it was the profile.
    The day-to-day updates aren't going to change your profiles. I'm unsure if upgrading from 0.24 to 0.25 would change it, but I doubt it.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    The day-to-day updates aren't going to change your profiles. I'm unsure if upgrading from 0.24 to 0.25 would change it, but I doubt it.
    Well, I found out why that happened. I indeed upgraded from 0.24 to 0.25, but 0.25 comes with new profiles, which replaced the old ones. And therefore, the profile was reset to "default". I guess this wouldn't have happened if I'd have created one on my own.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rotak View Post
    Well, I found out why that happened. I indeed upgraded from 0.24 to 0.25, but 0.25 comes with new profiles, which replaced the old ones. And therefore, the profile was reset to "default". I guess this wouldn't have happened if I'd have created one on my own.
    Some options disappeared with 0.25, so many of the old profiles made no sense any more.

Beans

I see there has been a livetv buffering fix to 0.26:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/com...a5f844519f51f9

I'm not a coder but it looks like the min buffer was too low by a factor of 1,000. Hopefully someone may backport this to 0.25-fixes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12