Thread: Can't use BlueTooth on Acer Aspire AO722 Netbook!

Beans

Unhappy Can't use BlueTooth on Acer Aspire AO722 Netbook!

Hello!
    I'm using a netbook- Acer Aspire 722, 2gb ddr3 ram, 1ghz AMD c60 dual core processor, 500gb hdd, AMD Radeon-6290 graphics.

It has a built-in bluetooth device which i can use in windows os. i use a dial-up connection through my phone via bluetooth. I setup ubuntu 11.10 on my netbook recently, i'm new user of ubuntu and i'm very interested to use this os but the disappointing fact is when i log in ubuntu the bluetooth sign is active on the top right corner but when i try to "add a device" it found nothing. Please help!!! This is the reason i can't use ubuntu so please if someone knows how to solve this problem plz help!!!
    Another problem is, i have a bluetooth device which i can use in ubuntu 10.10 without any problem i just plug in the device and use it but in ubuntu 11.10 when i plugin the bluetooth device it shows nothing and i can't use it.
    And the third problem is, as i'm a new user i don't know how to open terminal in ubuntu 11.10 so if u can tell that will be nice & if u can give me any weblink, ebook to download to know more about ubuntu 11.10 that will be coool.
    I thank you in advance for your time and co-operation!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Can't use BlueTooth on Acer Aspire AO722 Netbook!

To open a terminal you can either press Control-Alt-T, or go to the Ubuntu button and search for "terminal".

Sorry I can't help with Bluetooth, I share my phone's internet connection via wifi instead of Bluetooth.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have no experience with bluetooth either.

Beans

Thank you "lovinglinux"

Beans

Thanks for your reply 3rdalbum i'll try it when i log in ubuntu.