Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Improving the NES Emulation Scene on Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Improving the NES Emulation Scene on Ubuntu

Hello,
    Since I figured this project was actually useful, I decided to work on my HTML/CSS skills are work up a website. Check it out: http://punkrockguy318.no-ip.org/gfceu/

New releases and things will be announced there.

PS: If you can't tell, I'm running off of a slowish connection, and a slowish server. If someone can help me out with some hosting, that would be GREATLY appreciated

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I told you I'd help with hosting. Check your PM's.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eqisow
    I told you I'd help with hosting. Check your PM's.
    Ah great! I replied! Sorry, I thought email notifications were on, but they weren't.

Beans

Good news everyone! I've been accepted as a FCE Ultra developer. I've already begun work on the netplay server, and later on this week I'll be moving all gfceu upstream.

If I get a chance, I'd like to improve some things of fceu. The input configuration system and the binary configuration files can be improved. I hope to make fceu a killer emulator

I would be hacking away in the svn right now, but it's off to band practice. Stay tuned guys, good things on the way!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockguy318
    Good news everyone! I've been accepted as a FCE Ultra developer. I've already begun work on the netplay server, and later on this week I'll be moving all gfceu upstream.

If I get a chance, I'd like to improve some things of fceu. The input configuration system and the binary configuration files can be improved. I hope to make fceu a killer emulator

I would be hacking away in the svn right now, but it's off to band practice. Stay tuned guys, good things on the way!
    That's awesome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I use rocknes for linux its currently my fav nes emu. Unfortunatly it does not contain network play. I have rocknes so if youd like I can post the deb file. Good work with yours though youve improved it much
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Beans

Hey guys! I'd suggest you all check out the newest version: 0.2.2. The previous releases has a minor issue with the *.desktop file that you many have found quite annoying. It associated itself with text files in nautilus.

For the newest release, check out http://punkrockguy318.no-ip.org/gfceu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thanks a lot for you work on this! It works great but I have one problem. I had to install the server with the --force-depends option because it complained about failed dependencies for libc6 and some others. The server works great. But now synaptic wants to remove it anytime I go to install packages.

Is there a way to tell apt/synaptic to leave fceu-server alone and ignore the dependency issues?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockguy318
    Hey guys! I'd suggest you all check out the newest version: 0.2.2. The previous releases has a minor issue with the *.desktop file that you many have found quite annoying. It associated itself with text files in nautilus.

For the newest release, check out http://punkrockguy318.no-ip.org/gfceu
    Heh, I didn't even notice. Though oddly, when I purge the old one and install the new one, it reassociates itself with ASCII-based files. Even deleting the commented MIME type thing doesn't seem to work -- only by deleting the desktop shortcut. Remaking a shortcut via Alacarte seems to make it work fine.

Odd. Not a big deal though.

EDIT: OK, when I did a sudo mv gfceu.desktop fceu.desktop it worked fine, so GNOME must be somehow "remembering" the old desktop file or something and reacting to it.
    Last edited by CronoDekar; June 18th, 2006 at 02:35 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

This is awesome!!!

I really love this. The only thing that I am having trouble with is the Fullscreen. When I check "enable fullscreen", I get a full screen, but the game is still in the center of the screen surrounded by a large black frame. I mean the game does not stretch to fill the fullscreen. Could someone help me with that?

Great program, God Bless, Jereme

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast